Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago is your daily intel for the morning’s hot news topics to get your day started. Make small talk, better.
No it’s not a blowout sale on shoes, I wish! Super Tuesday is the biggest day of balloting for the Presidential race where 11 states, most of them in the American South, vote. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are projected big winners. LA Times has a digestable breakdown of what to watch for. Meanwhile Trump is keeping himself in the news with an endorsement from the CEO of Nascar, though the organization distanced itself from him last year because of his comments about illegal immigrants. Trump also allegedly had 30 black students standing quietly at a campaign event at Georgia’s Valdosta State University, escorted out. The State Department released the final batch of emails from their Hillary Clinton investigation.
• Who are the richest people in the world for 2016? Forbes’ annual list of the world’s billionaires was just released and Bill Gates is sitting at #1. 31-year-old Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg had the best year of all billionaires making his 1st appearance in the top ten of the annual ranking of the world’s wealthiest. There are 66 billionaires under the age of 40.
• Apple’s Senior VP and General Counsel, Bruce Sewel and FBI Director James Comey will testify at “The Encryption Tightrope: Balancing Americans’ Security and Privacy” a House Judiciary Committee hearing. As you kknow both sides are currently embroiled in a legal battle over iphone privacy where the FBI wants Apple to create software to unlock the iPhone of dead terrorist Syed Farook. Meanwhile in Brooklyn, a judge sided with Apple in a case where federal investigators in a drug case wanted to get into a locked iPhone…
• Malaysia’s prime minister Najib Razak, received deposits that totaled more than $1 billion into his personal accounts and global investigators believe much of it originated with state development fund, corruption corruption.
• President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, will meet today with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Sen. Chuck Grassley, Minority Leader Harry Reid and Sen. Patrick Leahy to discuss a replacement for late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
• Jennifer Lopez called ex-fiance Ben Affleck’s giant phoenix tattoo on his back awful during her appearance on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Monday…
•Susan Sarandon’s daughter Eva Amurri blogged on her website Happily Eva After, about the time the nanny they hired to care for her child wanted to sleep with her husband. The nanny “accidentally” sent her husband Kyle Martino a text that read: OMG. Girl, did I mention to you how hot and sexy my Boss is. I would love to fuck his brains out ha haah. Too bad he seems not to like thick Latin women with lots to hold on to LOL” maaaan!
1.) Robert Pattinson is face of Dior Homme’s ready-to-wear F/W 2016 campaign shot by Karl Lagerfeld 2) In honor of Beasts of No Nation actor Abraham Attah who wore a pair of TOMS on the Oscar red carpet, TOMS is donating 10,000 pairs of Shoes to Ghana. 3) Travel + Leisure’s new fashion director starting March 7 is Melissa Ventosa Martin; the Time Inc mag has been more engaged with fashion and style than at any point in its 40-plus year history. In other mag news W magazine has teamed up with Hugo Boss for a 2 month competition, “The Shot,” that will let an aspiring fashion photographer shoot for the magazine.
“Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt.
LOOK OF THE DAY
Model Ashley Graham @ the 2016 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more