Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
A FEEL GOOD STORY: With the constant news about the coronavirus worldwide, its hard to sift through other news or even find something heartwarming to share but this one should touch even the coldest hearts. A car dealership owner in Charlotte, North Carolina, who has experienced first hand homelessness with his wife and six kids, is offering his car dealership lot at night to those living out of their cars that otherwise wouldn’t find a safe space to park in the dark night…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: A 37-year-old woman’s body was found with multiple stab wounds in an apartment in Chicago’s Chatham neighborhood. Sending congratulations to DePaul Blue Demons Women’s basketball team who qualified for their 5th trip to the NCAA tournament. Lastly, Chicago nonprofit The Coleman Foundation, that’s awarded $60 million in grants during the last decade, longtime CEO Michael Hennessy announced his retirement. The search is on for a successor and if you think you may be the candidate, submit your CV or nominate a strong candidate to Coleman@phillipsoppenheim.com for confidential consideration.
- NATIONAL: Super Tuesday Round 2 is today and there’s a lot on the line for presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden. Again, Tulsi Gabbard with 2 delegate votes is still in the race but much of the conversation are on the 2 front runners. With Biden’s lead over Sanders, if he’s able to secure a win for Michigan, Mississippi and other states voting Tuesday, there’s a possibility Sanders could bow out of the race. Should Sanders secure a god amount of delegate votes, the race is still on and a showdown could commence. With Biden being the front runner in the race, he’s been the target for president Trump.
- WORLD: Since the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) has not made headlines and been keeping a low profile until recently with the arrest of Prince Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz, the sole remaining full brother of King Salman, and the former crown prince, Mohammed bin Nayef and a growing oil War. According to The Guardian, the two men were trying to block MBS’s accession to the throne if the current monarch dies or becomes incapacitated. Bloomberg also reports that he’s consolidating power. In the oil war, Saudi Arabian Oil Co. is set to raise output to record levels and Moscow says it was also ready to pump more crude. There’s also a new book, “MBS,” coming out today.
- In 1998, Disney introduced audience to Mulan, and animated musical historical action adventure film based on the Chinese legend of Hua Mulan. The plot centered around the namesake title character Mulan, daughter of aged warrior Fa Zhou, who impersonates a man to take her father’s place during a war. This was one of the earlier Disney movies that had a focal femal title character in a non-princess role, she was #goals. The live action reprising of Mulan premiered in Hollywood Monday and its set to hit theaters March 27 and its a definite MUST SEE!
- In penning an essay for Time magazine in honor of International Women’s Day, actress, philanthropist and mom of 6 Angelina Jolie revealed that two of her kids recently underwent surgical procedures and are now on the mend. Though her letter didn’t specify what they were being treated for, we now know that’s the reason why Brad Pitt bailed at the last minute on the BAFTA awards.
- With the coronavirus sending Italy one of the major fashion capital, on full lockdown, designer Giorgio Armani is donating €1.25 million euros ($1.43 million). The donation will be split between three Milan-based hospitals and Rome’s Spallanzani hospital, in addition to the Civil Protection Agency. Another fashion figure doing her part is blogger turned fashion entreprenuer Chiarra Ferragni and husband Fedez; they donated €100,000 euros and have coordinated a GoFundme campaign that’s raised €2 million so far. In other fashion news, the 8 finalists for this year’s LVMH prize was announced along with new jury members Rihanna, Virgil Abloh, Stella McCartney.
MORE RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
― Beyoncé Knowles Carter
LOOK OF THE DAY
photo credit: Getty
featured image credit: National Post
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more