Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Biden vs Bernie & Tulsi: Senator Sanders was in Chicago over the weekend campaigning and he received endorsement from Jessie Jackson, a key get as he reportedly struggles to gain adult African-American votes. Former VP Joe Biden, who was just endorsed by both Kamala Harris and Corey Booker, has reportedly taken a double digit lead over Sen. Sanders as they both race to win Michigan. You might be wondering is there anyone else besides these 2 men running? Yes, actually US congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard has yet to announce suspension of her campaign so technically there are three candidates in the Dems race not two…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Chicago area private school, Loyola Academy has cancelled school Monday due to precaution measure of a possible coronavirus exposure. A student and the family had contact with someone who tested + for the virus. Also in Chicago news, Insurance broker Aon is buying Willis Towers Watson for nearly $30 billion in stock. The transaction, an all-stock transaction with an implied combined equity value of approximately $80 billion. Upon completion of the combination, existing Aon shareholders will own approximately 63% and existing Willis Towers Watson shareholders will own approximately 37% of the combined company on a fully diluted basis.
- NATIONAL: Several states have now declared states of emergency as the number of cases of the novel coronavirus rises in the US to 566. Oregon’s Gov made the declaration over the weekend joining California and New York. That cruise ship thats been in limbo to dock will drop off passengers including a reported 21 thats tested positive, in an industrial dock off Oakland. Sen Ted Cruz is among those who attended CPAPC and self quarantined after interaction with someone that’s tested positive for coronavirus. Also president Trump thinks its all much ado about nothing.
- WORLD: The COVID-19 panic is not dying down and even over the weekend, the death toll increased significantly in Italy causing a reported massive lockdown in Northern Italy. As the markets opened Monday, it was down reportedly due to coronavirus panic as well as the recent clash between two of the world’s oil superpowers, Saudi Arabia and Russia reportedly in a price war. At a summit in Vienna Friday, Russia refused to go along with OPEC’s proposal to rescue the coronavirus-battered oil market by further cutting production putting a wrench in the alliance between OPEC and Russia.
- The flip challenge has taken over rising social media platform TikTok and this weekend we had a few epic ones to add. Former presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren stopped by SNL and did a ‘flip” skit with Kate McKinnon. Then A-Rod and JLo took a swipe at it as well.
- Today will be the final day of official royal engagement for Duke and Duchess of Sussex Harry and Meghan. Over the weekend, the couple were front and center at the Mountbatten Festival of Music on Saturday night where she wowed in a red Safiyaa caped dress to match Harry’s coat of medals. The couple though will not “be part of the Queen’s procession through Westminster Abbey at the start of the Commonwealth Service today” as will the Duke and Duchess of Sussex Prince William and Kate. According to Dailymail, post Megxit the duo will likely focus on a charity to help former military personnel, both in Britain and the US.
- The current head of Dior Americas, Renaud de Lesquen, will be Givenchy’s new President and CEO starting April 1. Both brands are under the LVMH umbrella. Lesquen will succeed Philippe Fortunato, who is leaving his role to “pursue a personal project.” In other fashion news, As one fashion rental company Armarium shuts down. WWD reports luxury handbag and jewelry rental service Vivrelle, “seeing monthly double-digit growth less than two years after launch” wants to be the Bergdorfs meets SoHo House of luxury rental.
MORE RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“I wanted to be an empowered woman, and I became an empowered woman. And now I want to empower every woman.”
― Diane von Furstenberg
LOOK OF THE DAY
photo credit: Oscar de la renta/Instagram
featured image credit: Ivan Chef Justo/Instagram
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more