Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Imagine being royally publicly humiliated by the 🤡 father of your children multiple times to then have him propose. For 2020 already off to a crazy start, this 1st Friday the 13 doesn’t even register. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the day’s Hotness.
Friday March 13, 2020
REP. KATIE PORTER: There are moments politicians make you realize and appreciate why voting competent candidates to position of office really matters. In a video that’s since gone viral, California 45th congressional Rep Katie Porter was relentless in asking the tough questions of the CDC chief. Her knowledge of what it costs for certain medical testings and questions forced the arm of some high level Trump administration officials and the CDC director Robert Redfield, who has “the power to authorize government payments for “the care and treatment of individuals subject to exam and quarantine, isolation and conditional release” to commit that they will offer free testing for coronavirus. Speaking of the coronavirus, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau is being quarantined after his wife tested positive; Spain’s Queen Letizia is negative as China govt official insinuates the US army brought coronavirus to China…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Illinois now has a total of 32 COVID-19 novel coronavirus cases as many events and closures are announced. We told you earlier this week, the festivities around this weekend’s St. Patrick’s day celebration has been postponed. Some schools in and around the Chicago area, theatrical performances have been closed, extended or postponed and all March Madness related events cancelled; major conferences scheduled for the Chicago area such as the Flower and Garden Show, Cardiology conference have been cancelled.
- NATIONAL: The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) is set to expire Sunday as the Senate were not able to agree to a vote to renew the bill. One of the reasons is because some GOPers are skeptical of the domestic surveillance tools used by the FBI in counterterrorism investigations what with the president tweeting “Many Republican Senators want me to Veto the FISA Bill until we find out what led to, and happened with, the illegal attempted ‘coup’ of the duly elected President of the United States, and others!” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnellsupports the bipartisan house measure though Utah’s Sen. Mike Lee is proposing a 45-day extension.
- WORLD: The US launched airstrike against Iranian-backed militia group Kata’ib Hizbollah facilities in Iraq Thursday evening as retaliation for an attack that killed 2 and wounded 14 Americans and killed 1 British troops on Wednesday.
- Days after the bombshell switcheroo of love aka The Bachelor finale, Peter has now parted ways with the lady he chose after dumping the person he initially proposed too. AMess.net! During the 2 part finale, pilot Peter proposed to Hannah Ann Sluss on the show, then dumped her and picked runner up Madison Prewett, a decision his mom was none too pleased about and she made it known. Both Peter and Madison addressed the split on their respective Insta accounts.
- The reboot of the anticipated Gossip Girl on HBO Max had some casting update news. The former CW show which was one of the biggest shows in the early 2000s, reboot will focus on a new generation of New York private school teens who find themselves under the same social surveillance of Gossip Girl site. Oak Park native Tavi Gevinson has been added to the cast.
- Amazon is throwing down $1.5 big billions to buy the former Lord and Taylor flagship store in Manhattan from WeWork. The building will house Amazon’s thousands of employees. In other fashion news, Thom Browne is collaborating with Nordstrom’s New Concepts for an exclusive menswear capsule collection. According to Footwear News, “Concept 009: Thom Browne, the collaboration is New Concepts’ ninth project to be released under Nordstrom. The sophisticated sportswear collection features tailored ready-to-wear, sporty shoes and coordinating accessories ranging from $80 to $1,790.”
MORE RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
― Dr. Maya Angelou
LOOK OF THE DAY
photo credit: zimbio
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more