Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
#RNCinCLE Day 2. Donald Trump was officially selected, after delegate votes, as the Republican party’s 2016 presidential candidate. Yesterday’s speakers included UFC’s Dana White, Chris Christie, Ben Carson who found a way to link Hillary Clinton to Lucifer, Tiffany Trump the recent U Penn graduate. The packed hall at Quicken Loans arena were energezied by Donald Trump Jr. speech. Also Melania Trump continues to get roasted with #FamousMelaniaTrumpQuotes memes and the Rick Roll conspiracy…Read more
• A six-year-old girl was the latest victim in gang related shootings in Chicago. Tacarra Morgan, who is recoverng at the University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital, was shot as she played in front of their home in the 6000-block of South Paulina in the West Englewood neighborhood about 1 p.m. Tuesday. Last month, 4-year-old Kavan Collins was hit with a bullet in his jaw joining a “growing roster of children who have been shot in the city this year amid a spike in killings and shootings” according to report from NY Daily News.
• Pavel Sheremet was killed in a car bombing explosion in Kiev, Ukraine. The Belarusian journalist was a staunch critic of the Kremlin. The bomb went off as Sheremet, 44, was driving a car belonging to his partner, Olena Prytula, founding editor of the website Ukrainska Pravda. Some are speculating Russia’s involvement in the bombing.
• On Tuesday, July 26 at Chase Auditorium, SociaLifeChicago will join 4 other startups centered on curated convenience to pitch in front of a liveley audience of entrepreneurs, developers, designers, investors, and tech enthusiasts. We’d love to see you there! To get 15% off tickets please use promo code: insider15
• Yesterday, news broke that Taylor Kinney and Lady Gaga broke up. Gaga, real name Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, in an instagram post to clarify, noted “Just like all couples we have ups and downs, and we have been taking a break. We are both ambitious artists, hoping to work through long-distance and complicated schedules to continue the simple love we have always shared. Please root us on. We’re just like everybody else and we really love each other.”
• On the press tour for his role as Krall in the upcoming Star Trek Beyond, actor Idris Elba spoke with WWD about his fashion collaboration with Superdry and last night he appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon showing some of his dancing skills and played the game ‘box of microphones’ watch it here.
• InStyle’s editorial director Ariel Foxman has resigned and his last day at Time Inc will be August 4.
• The U.S. regional winners of the International Woolmark Prize in women’s wear and men’s wear are Gabriela Hearst and Rochambeau. Five women’s wear designers and five men’s wear designers competed for the price, which includes $37,489.
“If there is something to win and nothing to lose from asking a question then ask whatever it takes” ― W. Clement Stone
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more