Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
Warriors Comeback. Now that’s how you end a series! After being down 3-1 in best of 7 series to advance to the NBA finals, the Golden State Warriors clawed their way back to tie it up and eventually win last night’s game against Oklahoma City Thunder 96-88 in a dramatic fashion. The NBA finals begins Thursday with the Warriors facing off against the Cleveland Cavs; NBA marketing is truly the winner here. Read more
• Weekend violence in Chicago tallied more than 60 people shot and five killed over the three-day holiday. One of the shootings claimed the life of a 15-year-old girl who was fatally shot while riding in a car with a documented gang member on Lake Shore Drive. Meanwhile an attempted robbery resulted in the death of Pamela Johnson, 32 who was fatally struck by a pickup truck on Lake Shore Drive early Sunday while trying to flee a group of seven or eight men. Before the memorial weekend break, the NY Times published a piece on Chicago’s murder problem.
• Over the weekend a silverback Gorilla was shot to death after a four year old boy fell into his enclosure and Cincinnati Zoo officials decision to shoot rather than tranquilize was for safety reasons and they stand behind it. Alexander Rossi won the Indy 500 becoming first rookie Indy champion since Helio Castroneves in 2001.
• Baylor University, has named 2006 Associated Press National Coach of the Year Jim Grobe acting head football coach effective immediately following the firing of Art Briles, removal of school president Ken Starr and on the same day the VP and athletics director Ian McCaw resigned. The school has been embroiled in sexual assault allegations involving several Baylor athletes, with a report concluded staff at the university had either not responded to, or acted inappropriately on, claims of sexual assault.
• While some of us took to the beach or lakehouse, celebs Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union, Chris and Adrienne Bosh, Justin Beiber, Patrick Dempsey, Rosamund Pike joined Princess Charlene and Prince Albert II of Monaco at the F1 Grand Prix to watch Lewis Hamilton take the title. Olivia Munn, Aaron Rogers, Robert Downey Jr all headed to producer Joel Silver’s annual Memorial Day party in Malibu.
• Louis Vuitton held its Cruise 2017 collection in Rio at the Museu de Arte Contemporânea de Niterói (Contemporary Art Museum ) with attendees including Zendaya, Jaden Smith, Catherine Deneuve, Grace Coddington, Chiara Ferragni and Alicia Vikander. Dior’s Cruise 2017 collection will take place in London later today.
“You can’t live a perfect day until you do something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” ― John Wooden
LOOK OF THE DAY
Lady Charlotte Wellesley wedding dress designed by Emilia Wickstead
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us.
photo credit: via SBnation, Ezra Shaw/Getty Images
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more