Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
DNC. Ahead of today’s opening of the Democratic National Convention, the party’s chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz has resigned. DNC Vice Chair Donna Brazile will serve as interim chair through the election. Wikileaks published leaked emails Friday which showed the party colluded to railroad Bernie Sanders’ campaign. One of the emails revealed a proposed performance by Ariana Grande was axed due to her donut licking incident. Schultz is scheduled to appear on stage Monday as well as a slew of non D-list celebs. Former NYC mayor, billionaire Michael Bloomberg is expected to endorse Clinton; Senator Sanders will take the convention primetime stage tonight. HUD Secretary Julian Castro is being tipped as the next DNC chair person…Read more
• The shooting at a Fort Meyers, Florida nightclub, which hosted a teen swimsuit glow party, that happened early this morning has left two people dead and at least 17 injured. Victims are ages 12 to 27. The investigation is active as police detain suspects.
• Yahooooo we have a buyer! Following Allen & Co.’s billionaire summer camp where major M&A’s are hatched, Verizon has announced it is purchasing Yahoo’s core internet business for $4.83 billion, leaving Marissa Mayer’s fate undetermined though she says she is “planning to stay.” In 2014, Verizon announced their acquisition of AOL following the Sun Valley conference. According to Reuters, the deal would ‘boost Verizon’s AOL internet business, which it bought last year for $4.4 billion, by giving it access to Yahoo’s advertising technology tools as well as other assets such as search, mail and messenger.”
• Over the weekend: Munich was the site of three separate fatalities including a mass shooting by teen who was obsessed with mass killings | Los Angeles area fires rages on | Chicago White Sox pitcher Chris Sale suspended for 5 games after allegedly cutting up throwback uniform | Dallas Cowboys and former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott accused of domestic assault by former GF, he denies it, says he has proof.
• Comic-Con highlights. The annual pilgrimage of celebrities and fans to San Diego took place Friday through Sunday. The cast of Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Black Panther (Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira, Chad Boseman) which will be directed by Ryan Coogler was revealed. The new Justice League cast of Ezra Miller (The Flash), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Ben Affleck (Batman), Henry Cavill (Superman) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg) made their debut. Zendaya has a role in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
• LVMH has confirmed, after last week’s reports, the sale of Donna Karan International to G-III Apparel Group for $650 million. Creative directors Maxwell Osborne and Dao-Yi Chow as well as CEO Caroline Brown will remain at the label. Some reports state the acquistion was a loss for LVMH.
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” ― J.M. Barrie
LOOK OF THE DAY
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more