Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
We are now in the thick of election campaigns and it’s only going to get nastier from here. GOP candidate Donald Trump called challenger Hillary Clinton the devil and he’s not backing down from his comments towards the Khan family even with top Republicans condemning his comments. His running mate Mike Pence is having to be the good cop to Trump’s bad cop. Clinton has gained back poll lead but 48% think Russia is controlling the election so there’s that…Read more
• Chicago homeowners are starting to feel the sting of the tax hike as their tax bills arrive in the mail. The properties getting hit with the largest increases were in North Side neighborhoods such as River North, Near North, Gold Coast and Lincoln Park with law firm Kirkland and Ellis partner Bruce Gelman’s topping $168,742, at a 164% increase, yikes!. Speaking of stinging bills, It’s Just Lunch was the subject of an ABC i-team investigation for not getting results for a suburban doctor who coughed up $3,800.
• BMW, with higher than expected second quarter profits, is looking to defend its luxury car market lead over competitors like Mercedes. Bloomberg reports that CFO Friedrich Eichiner said on an earnings conference call with reporters Tuesday, “We intend to stay the leader on sales across our brands BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce this year.”
• Bachelorette finale and boy were we not surprised. **Spoiler alert** Jo Jo picked former football player Jordan Rogers who proposed to her before their appearance on Jimmy Kimmel. They are moving in together. Former contestant Chad made a case for why he should be the next Bachelor stating he thinks he deserves love but more like anger management classes.
• Kesha, who has been embroiled in a nasty lawsuit with former producer Dr. Luke, has filed motion to have it dismissed with her lawyer stating “Kesha has dismissed her California action without prejudice while she pursues her appeal and other legal claims in the New York courts.” She accused the producer of sexual assault and battery.
• Joyce Azria, daughter of fashion brand founder Max Azria and creative director of the BCBG Generation line is leaving to start her own millennial focused brand called Avec Les Filles.
• Chicago native and OFF White designer Virgil Abloh sat down for an interview with GQ magazine.
“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” ― Robert F. Kennedy
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
images via: wetpaint; dailymail
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more