Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Hotness in the News, the daily email newsletter by SociaLifeChicago, is your daily intel for the morning’s hot news topics to get your day started. Make small talk, better.
Trump rally in California turned violent. Protest outside a campaign rally for Republican presidential candidate Donald J. Trump in Costa Mesa, turned violent late Thursday night, as the crowd smashed a police car and about 20 people were arrested. Read more
• Last night’s NFL draft, which took place at the Auditorium theatre, the LA Rams with the #1 pick selected UCal quarterback Jared Goff and North Dakota State’s QB Carson Wentz went to the Philadelphia Eagles for #2 selection. Ohio State’s Joey Bosa and Zeke Elliott were picks 3,4 going to San Diego Chargers and Dallas Cowboys, respectively. Chicago made some moves to select Leonard Floyd at #9. Laremy Tunsil, who was picked #13 by Miami Dolphins claimed his twitter account was hacked moments before the start of the draft and a video of him smoking a bong through a gas mask was uploaded and quickly deleted which may have cost him top 10 pick.
• Kim Dong Chul, 62, a Korean American U.S. citizen was sentenced by North Korea’s Supreme Court on Friday to 10 years of hard labor for subversion. Kim was arrested in North Korea in October and had admitted to committing “unpardonable espionage” including stealing military secrets.
• “The Man Who Knew Infinity” a film about legendary Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan starring Dev Patel and Jeremy Irons, opens in select theaters today and in Chicago next week(May 6). To honor Ramanujam, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Google CEO Sundar Pichai, have pledged to form a foundation in his name.
• Gigi Hadid had a star studded 21st birthday bash yesterday at The Nice Guy in Los Angeles with guests including her mom RHOBH’s Yolanda Foster, BF Zayn Malik, BFF Kendall Jenner and Taylor Swift, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, models Hailey Baldwin, Lily Aldridge, Shanina Shayk, Jaden Smith, Lenny Kravitz, Hailey Steinfeld, Naomi Campbell, Evan Ross and Ashley Simpson, Hailee Steinfeld.
• Prada just landed a new shareholder, one they might not be so happy about. PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, has purchase shares in the Italian fashion group aiming to “end the sale of cruelly produced ostrich skin purses.”
• Valentino collaborated with performance artist Vanessa Beecroft to launch its “Rockstud Untitled” collection for their pre-fall, unisex capsule collection. The capsule was “inspired from the Japanese Wabi-sabi philosophy — perfect imperfection — that cultivates the idea that nothing lasts, nothing is finished, nothing is perfect.” Bergdorf Goodman is the exclusive retail partner on the installation outside of Valentino’s own store network.
“Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him. ” ― Aldous Huxley
LOOK OF THE DAY
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more