- Panel discussion with founders of Urban Skin Rx, The Lip Bar and Mielle Organics at WeWork Chicago on June 11
Even with some of the progress made on many fronts in the past few years, diversity and inclusion in business especially in revenue generating entrepreneurship is still something we struggle to see. Three women who set out to fill a void and meet the needs of diverse consumers, have gone on to establish multi million dollar business and build strong brand following with core of that in women of color. The founders of Urban Skin Rx, The Lip Bar, Mielle Organics, three beauty/lifestyle brands I can say I have/do support, are known to share their business acumens onto their huge following via social media and now they are coming to Chicago to share that wealth of knowledge with at the #Beautybiz Chicago event June 11.
Rachel Roff, Founder of Urban Skin Rx, along with Melissa Butler of The Lip Bar and Monique Rodriguez of Mielle Organics – the three make up the fastest growing beauty brands
will be at WeWork-RiverNorth (20 West Kinzie St. 60601) on June 11, to share knowledge and expertise on what it means to run their own companies, be a female CEO and how to empower those around them in a panel moderated by another boss babe Mieka Reese founder/CEO of Rich Girl Candy.
Beauty BIZ Chicago taking place on Tuesday June 11 starting at 5:30pm, will provide a personalized workshop and panel discussion of transparency and experience – panelists will share essential knowledge for those who want to start or promote their individual businesses. The event seeks to empower and inspire people to reach their career goals and take the next steps in growing their businesses.
Participants will learn:
- Process, challenges, risks and rewards of entrepreneurship
- How to identify a problem and turn it into an opportunity for a new startup company
- How to target their audience
- Take advantage of market opportunities
- What you need to know about growing your business from an e-brand to getting it sold in stores across the land
- Q & A Sessions with the brand founders
- Opportunities to network with other entrepreneurs and startup companies
- Gift bags with products from the featured entrepreneurs and their brands
Would you like to attend? Admission free but you must register.
Please RSVP at https://beautybizchicago.splashthat.com
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
pronounced: Boh-la-jee, like the Bellagio but w/o the O. SLC Founder and Editor, loves to write about topics at the intersection of career and lifestyle for today's young professional and future leaders.