Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Yahoo uh-oh! After last month’s revelation that 500 million email accounts were hacked, news reports have now revealed that Yahoo secretly built a custom software program to search/scan all of its customers’ incoming emails for specific information provided by U.S. intelligence officials. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer’s decision to obey the directive roiled some senior executives and led to the June 2015 departure of Chief Information Security Officer Alex Stamos according to Reuters’ report. Several internet companies including Facebook, Apple and Google have now come out to say not us…Read more
• This year’s Nobel Prize in Chemistry goes to Jean-Pierre Sauvage, James Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L Feringa, pioneers of nanomachines who will equally share the prize of 8 million Swedish kronor, or about $930,000. These “molecular machines, the world’s smallest mechanical devices,” can eventually be used for new materials, sensors and energy storage systems. Dr. James Fraser Stoddart is a professor at Northwestern University.
• Highlights from last night’s VP debate: Interruptions, defense of Donald Trump by Mike Pence though there were several instances Pence’s stand was in contrast with his running mate. Tim Kaine went in on Donald Trump more than he made the case for his running mate.
• The Forbes 400 list announced yesterday named Ken Griffin as Illinois’ richest man, with a net worth of $7.5 billion (57). Others making the list include Sam Zell (117), whose 75th birthday over the weekend had a 100ft David Lee Csicsko mural and Elton John performance; J.B. Pritzker at $3.4 billion (No. 190), Neil Bluhm at $3.2 billion (No. 204) and Thomas Pritzker at $3.1 billion (No. 214). Beanie Babies creator Ty Warner (No. 274).
• CNN has locked up Anderson Cooper with a new cushy long term contract hereby taking him out of the running for the permament spot on Live with Kelly! vacated by Michael Strahan this summer.
• Kardashian robbery update of the day: A one in a million footage of the alleged robbers has surfaced. Police found a camera reflected off a mirror at a nearby nail salon. The residence she was staying at apparently had NO CCTV or security cameras even though they had armored doors (how sway?). The concierge that was handcuffed and had a gun to his head is now the key witness in the case. Several security experts have been raising concerns about this incident because something’s not adding up. Karl Lagerfeld threw some shade at Kim for flashing her wealth. Meanwhile PageSix reports that after his disastrous Yeezy Season 4 fashion show, Kanye West had a meltdown and fired staffers.
• Fashion month will officially end today with Miu Miu’s presentation. Chanel’s show Tuesday with Steve and Marjorie Harvey attending, was a reference to our data-centric society. Louis Vuitton’s show this AM had Nicolas Ghesquière’s LV ladies and lads Catherine Deneuve, Karlie Kloss, Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Connely, Michelle Williams, Adele Exarchopoulos, Alicia Vikander and Roger Federer all in attendance. Monday news reports announced the departure of Justin O’Shea at Brioni 6 months after he was named to the post, without fashion design experience.
“You don’t have to be great to get started but you have to get started to be great.” ― Les Brown
LOOK OF THE DAY
Cate Blanchett @ IWC Schaffhausen BFI Dinner
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
photo credit: Google; Wireimage
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more