- Hotness In The News is the morning news newsletter bringing you 7 news stories after 7 to know each day and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
I know I’m ready for this three day weekend. Fascinating read on how this major criminal drug operation within the Chicago PD was uncovered. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today.
AG UNLEASHED. Flipping the script and definitely displaying that mafia boss trait he’s been attributed to having, President Trump in a move to “investigate the investigators,” has reportedly given Attorney General Bill Barr sweeping authority to review and release classified information related to the Russia investigation and the administration has ordered the intelligence community to cooperate with Barr’s investigation into surveillance activities surrounding the 2016 campaign. Meanwhile his beef with Speaker Nancy Pelosi after that wild “impromptu” press conference and her calling for an intervention, continues. The president and his lawyer Rudy Guiliani shared video via twitter, of Pelosi slurring her speech which turns out to have been doctored and slowed down….Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: A man accused of killing a 2 year old and allegedly dismembering his body has been acquitted (not guilty) by a jury as the case lacked forensic evidence tying him to the case but was implicated by three informants. Marcus Lemonis of The Profit fame, the Lake Forest residing CEO of Holiday Kamper Co is putting up a fight against the City of Statesville in North Carolina over a flag being flown at their Gander RVs store. The company had actually filed for permit to fly a 40×25-foot flag which was approved, but then they pulled a switcheroo to fly one that’s 40×80 feet.
- NATIONAL: California is looking to pass a bill for when police can use deadly force as major cities and states in the nation find ways to combat fatal deaths especially those unarmed at the hands of law enforcement. The agreement reached by Civil rights advocates and law enforcement groups states that officers will only be able to use lethal force when it is “necessary” and if there are no other options. Though the bill language leaves out a specific definition of “necessary,” which would leave interpretation up to the legal system to figure out on a case-by-case basis.
- WORLD: On Friday morning on the steps of 10 Downing street, fighting back tears, UK Prime Minister Theresa May announced she will be stepping down on June 7 as Conservative leader after she failed to over multiple tries get a Brexit deal accomplished. She said “I’ve done my best, I have done everything I can to convince MPs to back that deal…sadly I have not been able to do so. It is and will always remain a matter of deep regret to me that I have not been able to deliver Brexit.” Now the questions stands, who will be Britain’s new prime minister that can help get the EU divorce deal done?
- I know where I’ll be Sunday night. The mid season teaser for the upcoming Keeping Up With The Kardashians (KUWTK) aired yesterday and boy was it juiiiicy! It centers around the Tristan Thompson scandal between Jordyn Woods, who also happens to be Kylie’s BFF and close to the family. No word yet if this will be what airs in Sunday but gotta give it to them and producers for turning this into another cash-cow.
- What’s a Cannes film festival without an amfAR gala with leggy models and lavish dresses in attendance? Kendall Jenner, Jordan Barrett, Stella Maxwell, Elsa Hosk, Isabel Goulart, Winnie Harlow, Martha Hunt, Olivia Culpo, Carine Roitfeld, Dua Lipa, Nina Dobrev, Rebel Wilson with a familiar ex as her date, and more were all in attendance at the charity bash where Mariah Carey performed.
photo credit: via HM
- At the amfAR gala Thursday night in Cannes, Giambattista Valli, arriving with H&M’s Creative Advisor Ann-Sofie Johansson and muses Kendall Jenner, Chiara Ferragni, Ross Lynch, H.E.R., Chris Lee (Li Yuchun), and Bianca Brandolini D’Adda announced a new line dropping in partnership with H&M. The ladies were wearing pieces from the limited-edition pre-drop collection which will be available starting May 25, though the main collection won’t be available until later this year in November. Also breaking in fashion, Topshop’s closing all its US stores amidst instability in parent company Arcadia Group.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.”
― Robert Fritz
LOOK OF THE DAY
Dua Lipa in Valentino @ amfAR gala
Featured image credit: NBC The Voice
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more