- Hotness In The News is the morning news newsletter bringing you 7 news stories after 7 to know each day and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today.
TORNADOS & FLOODING. Dayton, Ohio, parts of Idaho, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana were all hit by tornadoes over memorial day leaving deaths and trail of destruction. More than 5 million people are without power ….Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: The addition of extra police force in Chicago over Memorial Day Weekend could not curb all the violence in the city. There was a reported 7 deaths with 33 people wounded. Some of the areas the shootings happened were in the 1300 block of West Hastings as well as 400 block of North 77th. Also in Chicago the storm/hail Monday left some travelers stranded.
- NATIONAL: She became one of the richest woman after her divorce settlement to the richest man in the world was announced, and now Mackenzie Bezos has announced she pledging to give away at least half of her $37 billion fortune to charity. The announcement was made Tuesday The Giving Pledge as she joins the movement started by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates.
- WORLD: A man stabbed two people to death and several others are injured in a mass stabbing attack near Tokyo, Tuesday morning. The man, according to reports, attacked a group of elementary school children as they were boarding a school bus in the city of Kawasaki but managed to stabbed himself in the neck before he was detained. He died of his injuries.
- Aladdin, Disney’s live action remake of the 1992 animated movie, opened over Memorial Day weekend raking in about $112 million making it the fifth-highest Memorial Day weekend opening total ever. Will Smith, who plays Genie in the film, snuck into a Calabassas theater to watch with his family and went relatively unnoticed until the lights came back on. Speaking of smashing? Iggy Azalea is not to happy after recent photos of hers leaked and she is vowing to press charges over the person(s) responsible for the leak.
- It seems Oliva Jade, the daughter of Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli, who is currently caught in the college bribery scandal may have been aware of her parents’ scheme to get her into USC. According to a new report in US Weekly, “Olivia fully knew what her parents did to get her into USC, but didn’t think there was anything wrong with it, she didn’t get into any other California schools.” They are also reporting that she is looking to make a return to her #spon beauty influencer career.
- A memorial for the late iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld is being planned to take place in June in Paris. Chanel and Fendi are collaborating with the Karl Lagerfeld brand to stage a memorial for Karl Lagerfeld “Karl For Ever” at the Grand Palais during Paris Men’s Fashion Week. The invite only event will be orchestrated by theatre and opera director Robert Carsen.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“To accomplish great things we must dream as well as act.”
― Anatole France
LOOK OF THE DAY
Featured image credit: Getty images
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more