- Hotness In The News is the Chicago Morning news Newsletter bringing you 7 news stories after 7 to know each day and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
He’s here and oh so adorable and in the words of Duchess Meghan, magic!!! Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today. Have a great weekend.
BABY SUSSEX FIRST PHOTOS. Grinning from ear to ear, new dad Prince Harry the Duke of Sussex held his newborn, name yet to be revealed, at a photocall at Windsor Castle with new mom Meghan Markle at his side. The debut of Baby Sussex was different from how previous royal babies in the English royal made their debut. There is also hoopla that an American network was invited to the photocall, which in the past has only been a random selection of British networks. Gayle King, of CBS This Morning, who is friends with the Duchess as she attended her NYC baby shower, traveled to…Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Chicago and many other cities across the country today will have a 24-hour strike from some ridershare drivers of Lyft and Uber demanding a number of reforms including livable wages, job security, regulated fares and benefits. According to reports, both Lyft and Uber have stated that their businesses would be ‘adversely affected’ if drivers were classified as employees instead of contractors. Chew on this: SLC hears a Chicago blogger may have let her work mix a little too much with her personal life now she’s back on the dating block and looking for a new home.
- NATIONAL: Congress may be fighting to get a hold of President Trump’s tax return, which Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Monday told House Democrats he would not furnish, but the hardened journalists at The New York Times got a hold of some. Trump’s official IRS tax ‘transcripts’ from 1985-1994 was the basis of the investigative report which shows Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer, about $1.17 billion in 10 years. As the wise rapper Shawn Carter once said, “Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t.” One student is dead, eight are injured as two students a girl and boy have been arrested in the latest US school shooting that’s all too familiar. A STEM school in a Denver, Colorado suburb not far from Columbine was the scene of the crime. The shooters hid their guns in guitar cases.
- WORLD: Since announcing Sunday night via twitter that tariffs increase from 10% to 25% on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods would be coming China’s way, rattling global stock markets, we are now learning that the trade talks went left after China backtracked on all aspects of the US trade deal and returned the 150-page draft trade agreement with systematic edits containing reversals by China that undermined core U.S. demands.
- Britney Spears has filed a restraining order against her ex-manager, Sam Lutfi. You’ll remember his name from back when Britney went through the head shaving dark days era. In the new filing on Tuesday in L.A. County Superior Court, according to TMZ, Spears’ lawyers say Lutfi sent her mom Lynne a text last week, calling her out for not getting involved in Britney’s conservatorship and decisions about the singer’s mental health treatment. Apparently he might be the one behind the “free Britney” movement thats been going on.
- The drama comedy miniseries set to air on Hulu May 17, Catch-22, held its premiere Tuesday night in Hollywood. George Clooney who directs and also stars in the miniseries, along with wife Amal were in attendance and he shared some tidbits about his twins. Catch-22 is based on the anti-war satire novel of the same name by Joseph Heller. Others in attendance included Matt Damon and wife Luciana Barroso, Don Cheadle, Kristin Davis, Courtney Love, Kyle Chandler,
- Kerby Jean-Raymond, the founder of the fashion brand Pyer Moss and a CFDA /Vogue Fashion Fund has global plans for his US fashion brand. He talks to British Vogue. Question, with the absence of fashion-pop favorites like Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Sarah Jessica Parker, has the Met gala lost its essence? Seeing as what’s supposed to be a fundraiser has actually lost money over the years.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
LOOK OF THE DAY
George and Amal Clooney
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more