Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Your favorite Chicago based morning newsletter bringing you the reliable news you can use to “make small talk, better” is back in action. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 today Tuesday September 10 and make small talk, better.
BUSINESS LEADERS PLEA. 145 CEO’s have signed a letter, addressed to the U.S. Senate calling and pleading with them to take action to tackle gun violence. Leaders from Gap Inc, Levi Strauss & Co, Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc., Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd, Uber Technologies Inc, Twitter Inc, and Amalgamated Bank are some of those that signed the letter addressed to the Republican led Senate….Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: CPS chief Dr. Janice Jackson was front and center in DC Wednesday at a hearing in front of the House of Representatives’ Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education. According to the WTTW report, “the point of the hearing, was to broaden the committee’s understanding of how trauma-informed care can be integrated into learning practices, student discipline and support services.” Also, the Chicago sky took home the win in the first round of WNBA playoffs against Phoenix as they advance to the second round.
- NATIONAL: The What do you do when its time to get your pay alert only to find out its not coming and the payroll company has suddenly shutdown. That’s what happened with MyPayrollHR, the Clifton Park, NY based company that suddenly closed last week leaving about 4,000 customers in the red and employers+employees fuming. To add insult to injury, some employees and employers that were credited had their pay debited and then additional funds debited. #fixitJesus. Speaking of financial losses, WeWork’s co-founder/CEO Adam Neumann’s stake, on paper, has dropped by more than $10 billion.
- WORLD: an HRH Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is back to work as she attended the launch of her project, a fashion line that supports the charity Smart Works. She wore clothes from the collection accessorize with earrings from Princess Diana.
- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is coming back home after serving 8 months in federal correctional center for tax evasion. The Jersey Shore star who was released today from the Federal Correctional Institution at Otisville, will still have to serve 24 months of supervised release and 500 hours of community service after his release. According to reports, MTV cameras were there as he left the prison.
- Influencers, the loved and/or derided social media stars that flaunt a lifestyle some of their followers envy have taken over in the past few years what the with explosion of social media and #spon posts. One of them was Caroline Calloway, the influencer with the large following that “scammed” folks at her writing workshop tour. Now a former friend, who was apparently her ghost writer, now scorned is talking!
- There’s a new documentary coming to HBO titled Very Ralph about American designer Ralph Lauren. Take a look at Marc Jacobs’ Sp/Su ’20 collection.
OTHER RECOMMENDED NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Doing nothing about America’s gun violence crisis is simply unacceptable and it is time to stand with the American public on gun safety.” ― Letter to lawmakers from 145 company leaders
LOOK OF THE DAY
Featured image credit: Instagram
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more