- Hotness In The News' the Chicago Morning news Newsletter bringing you 7 news stories after 7 to know today and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
The First Monday in May with the Met Gala taking place on the same day/red carpet hour as the James Beard Foundation Awards gala in Chicago. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today. Have a great weekend.
BABY SUSSEX. The Weighing in at 7lbs. 3oz, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their first child, a boy on the morning of May 6. We have not been given a name and based on Harry giving press interview at Windsor, reports are leaning towards Meghan having a home birth with her mother and husband at her side prison….Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Community organizers are calling for more focus on the search for three missing women, two of them pregnant from the Chicagoland area. Rewards for information leading to their whereabouts have been increased. \\ Chicago native Gina Rodriguez married fiancé Joe LoCicero on May 4; she shared the news via Instagram calling the day absolute MAGIC.
- NATIONAL/WORLD: Micheal Cohen, president Trump’s former lawyer and fixer is checking into club Fed in Otisville, NY, today to begin serving his three year sentence. Cohen plead guilty to eight criminal charges and had his original scheduled start date at the minimum-security prison in March delayed. \\ Though we thought talks with Mnuchin and China was going to bring a positive resolution that might not be the case as President Trump threatened Monday to increase tariffs on Chinese goods. On Sunday he said $200 billion worth of Chinese goods would increase to 25% from 10%, reversing a decision he made in February to keep them at 10% as the two sides made progress on trade talks. This news had US stocks slumping as the markets opened Monday.
- OVER THE WEEKEND: A Russian passenger plane with about 78 people on board made a hard emergency landing at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport Sunday before bursting into flames where 41 people so far have been reported dead. \\ Thailand’s new King Maha Vajiralongkorn, who married his wife Queen Suthida days earlier, formal coronation began on Saturday culminating Monday where he addressed thousands of cheering citizens gathered outside Bangkok’s Grand Palace. \\ The 30th annual GLAAD media awards ceremony took place Saturday night in NYC. Madonna was presented GLAAD’s Advocate for Change award, Andy Cohen received this year’s Vito Russo Award. \\ Busy Philipps’ E! show Busy Tonight was not picked up by the network and they will no longer broadcast it after May 16. \\ A Boeing 737 jet that crashed in Jacksonville, Florida luckily did not have any human casualties but there’s report at least three pets died in the crash.
- The Daytime Emmy awards took place Sunday at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium hosted by Extra’s Mario Lopez and The Talk‘s Sheryl Underwood. Jeopardy host Alek Trebek, who recently announced his battle with pancreatic cancer, won for Outstanding Game Show Host where he was given a standing ovation. The night’s other winners include LIVE with Kelly and Ryan, The Young and the Restless, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, DailyMail TV with the complete list of the winners here.
- Getting an invite to the Met Museum’s Costume Institute Gala is a huge deal, and you can get an idea of those that will be attending the official party via the ancillary pre-events. Anna Wintour’s Pre-Met Party was hosted at the Stonewall Inn with guests such as Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian, Harry Styles, Elle Fanning. Sally Singer hosted a “Cotton Campy” soiree with guests including Tracee Ellis Ross, Laverne Cox, Kacey Musgraves.
- Tonight’s the night, the biggest fashion event of the year known as “The first Monday In May” aka the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala. This year’s event taking on a “Camp: Notes on Fashion” theme based on the exhibit at the museum will be co-chaired alongside Anna Wintour by Serena Williams, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles and Alessandro Michelle of Gucci. The event’s red carpet will be televised. As all the celebs were in NYC for Met Gala, several fashion parties took place over the weekend such as Gucci beauty launch event, Ozwald Boateng’s British Airways sponsored fashion show featuring his latest collection in Harlem attended by Jamie Foxx, Jesse Williams and GF Taylor Paige, Idris Elba and Sabrina Dhowre. Carine Roitfeld Parfums 7 also held its VIP launch event.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
LOOK OF THE DAY
Lady Gaga in Marc Jacobs with Delvaux tiny purse
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more