Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
You know how having a Vera Wang, OscarDeLaRenta or Giamba aka Giambattista Valli white wedding dress on your big day is to some brides? That’s the somewhat equivalent of a Sabyasachi Mukherjee piece in India but like even more extravagant. He’s the guest editor of Vogue India’s Sept Issue featuring Priyanka Chopra. Your favorite local but global morning news letter Hotness In The News is here to serve you the 7 news stories to know after seven and make small talk, better. Please do us a favor and tell a friend to tell a friend to subscribe. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the day’s Hotness Friday September 6 and make small talk, better.
DEUTSCHE BANK PROBE. A new report from Reuters says that “a congressional probe has found possible failures in Deutsche Bank AG’s money laundering controls in its dealings with Russian oligarchs.” Deutsche last month said they have some of President Trump’s tax returns though this recent findings may or may not be related to Trump. The probe is in its early stages, though the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee are “examining whether Deutsche Bank facilitated the funneling of illegal funds into the United States as a correspondent bank, where it processes transactions for others…Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Let’s hope the upcoming football season of the Chicago Bears will not look like how they looked Thursday night playing the Packers. Our highly touted QB Mitch Trubisky must have had the first game of the season jitters because he was not on his A or B game at all as the Bears lost 3-10. Starbucks has announced Nov. 15 as the opening date of its largest store to date, a week before the Magnificent Lights festival.
- NATIONAL: A mechanic for American Airlines has been arrested and charged with sabotaging an aircraft in July so he could collect overtime and because he was upset about stalled contract talks with the airline. SIR! that’s not how any of this works 😭. The mechanic allegedly placed foam in a tube that leads to a flight-navigation system. The plane’s takeoff was aborted and all 150 passengers aboard deplaned. Speaking of planes, an air force fighter jet on a training mission accidentally fired a rocket near Tucson, AZ.
- WORLD: Remember the Iranian oil tanker that was detained by British authorities in Gibraltar back in July after it was suspected of moving oil to Syria? According to a new report, it seems U.S. special representative to Iran, Brian Hook offered millions of dollars to the captain of the tanker to sail the vessel to a country that would impound it on behalf of Washington.
- Nicki Minaj sent her Barbz spinning Thursday evening when she tweeted she was retiring to have a family. The rapper clarified her statement with a followup tweet to clarify her comments. Many have been speculating that she’s already married her boyfriend Kenneth Petty and she is looking to start a family soon though she’s also lined up a few studio sessions in upcoming days for an album she’s working on.
- HRH Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is heading to NYC this weekend and she’s flying commercial. Meghan will watch BFF Serena Williams take on Bianca Andreescu at the Finals on Saturday of the US Open at Arthur Ashe Stadium. This news comes as Markle is set to begin royal duties this upcoming week with the launch of the charity capsule collection of women’s workwear she created with her designer friend Misha Nonoo.
- The fashion flock has descended upon NYC as NYFW and fashion month begins. Some of the kickoff parties that took place Thursday night included The Daily Front Row’s 7th annual Fashion Media awards. Vanity Fair x Saks Fifth Avenue also hosted an event celebrating Saks’ 95th anniversary and launch of its Saks Carousel across from its flagship, at Rockefeller Plaza attended by Priyanka Chopra who was named to its recently released Best Dressed List. Harlem Fashion Row honored stylist Law Roach, Ciara, GQ Style editor Mobolaji Dawodu at their event. Vogue EIC Anna Wintour attended the Broadway opening of Betrayal starring Tom Hiddleston, Zawe Ashton and Charlie Cox. Wisconsin based, Amazon owned ShopBop’s NYC pop-up opens today through Sept. 22 at 106 Spring St.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“I have homes in Mumbai and New York, which are very vertical cities. LA is more horizontal. Buying a home and having a baby are on my to-do list.” ― Priyanka Chopra Jonas in Vogue India
LOOK OF THE DAY
Dapper Dan, Taylen Biggs and Halima Aden
Featured image credit: Vogue India
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more