- Hotness In The News brings you 7 news stories making headline after 7 to know each day and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Imagine having to sentence a young man to 76 years in prison in a non-jury trial based off testimony of an eyewitness that’s legally blind? That’s what Judge Nicholas Ford did. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today.
ANNA SOROKIN. Anna Delvey, aka the German heiress as she was known on the NYC scene who was able to con her way into many schemes leaving a trail of bad debt, was sentenced to four to 12 years in prison following her conviction last month on multiple counts of grand larceny and theft of services. Anna Sorokin, who stood trial, dressed in designer duds, will also have to pay nearly $200,000 in restitution and $24,000 in fines (this fines part is wild because she definitely didn’t have the money for her lavish lifestyle and she will be in jail for a minute, so HOW SWAY?!) The story of Sorokin/Delvey has been a fascinating one with media outlets like Vanity Fair and NY Mag penning pieces and first hand account of interactions with her and there are two flicks from HBO and Netflix in the works. She might be deported back to Germany…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Outgoing Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s farewell party, of the many held this week but this being the real deal was held Thursday night at South loop event space Revel Motor Row. With a video tribute from former President Barack Obama, whom he served as Chief of Staff for, to many of his colleagues, family, donors, friends and staff on hand. Chicago also saw some controversy yesterday when Saint Sabina Catholic Church’s vocal Rev. Michael Pfleger invited the Nation of Islam leader Minister Louis Farrakhan, who was recently banned from Facebook, to speak at the church.
- NATIONAL: James Comey is talking that big talk and Pres. trump is on another twitter rant. In the soap opera that is American politics. Comey was on CNN Thursday where he said President Donald Trump obstructed justice and that there is “no doubt” he would have been charged with crimes if he weren’t the sitting president, which shields him from prosecution while also taking shots at Barr and outgoing Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein. Meanwhile Trump tweeted about the China trade negotiations which has had Wall street on edge and a little about his opponents in the upcoming presidential race.
- WORLD: A US aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln, is headed towards the gulf as tension between the US and Iran rises. American B-52 bombers have also arrived at a U.S. base in Qatar. Iran is not looking to negotiate with the US who wants the country to give up its nuclear program.
- Promos and premieres. The spring/summer season means lots of box office actions and your favorite screen stars are attending premieres and promoting projects. The cast of Spider-Man: Far From Home were on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Halle Berry visited the The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon before the John Wick 3 premiere. The cast of Aladdin continue their European promo with photocall in London.
- The first look of Renee Zellweger as Judy Garland in the “Judy” trailer was just released.
- Talk about securing the bag. The girl from the Barbados who stole our hearts with “Pon de replay” is now the first woman to create an original brand at LVMH, THE first black woman to have a fashion line launched under the luxury LVMH umbrella. It was rumored back in January that Robyn Rihanna Fenty was working on something fashion with the worlds largest luxury group, remember she launched the Fenty beauty line with LVMH exclusive to Sephora, now its official official. The new luxury Fenty maison will be based in Paris “centered on Rihanna, developed by her, and takes shape with her vision in terms of ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, including commerciality and communication of the brand” with the collection debuting for spring 2019 retailing.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“One must give value to their existence by behaving as if ones very existence were a work of art.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
LOOK OF THE DAY
Keanu Reeves and Halle Berry
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more