Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
THE DEMS: Seven democratic presidential candidates will take the stage in South Carolina tonight in a debate that will be a few days removed from Nevada and all Bernie’s big win. Will they all sharpen their verbal swords towards billionaire Bloomberg or surging Bernie? Former VP Joe Biden slipped in a recent speech saying that he is running for Senate, not sure if it was intentional or a joke gone awry. “The two-hour debate, co-hosted by CBS News and the Congressional Black Caucus Institute, is being held in Charleston and is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. ET. “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell and “CBS This Morning” co-host Gayle King will moderate the debate.” The debate will air live on CBS stations and BET…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Another smash and grab on Chicago’s Mag Mile following a rash of robberies last week. The Gucci store at 900 Shops was robbed Monday morning and police were not able to apprehend anyone. Last week, the Louis Vuitton store and H&M stores were hit.
- NATIONAL: A US Congress candidate from Arizona has announced he is suspending his campaign and seeking treatment for substance abuse after an overdose on heroin. Combat veteran Chris Taylor was seeking the Republican nomination for Arizona’s 1st Congressional District.
- WORLD: Though the World Health Organization (WHO) has yet to declare the novel COVID-19 coronavirus a global pandemic, its still spreading rapidly and the global stock markets is taking note. Iran’s deputy health minister, after appearing sweaty at a recent news conference, has tested positive for the virus. South Korea right now has 10 confirmed deaths and 1000 cases. Italy is apparently scrambling to contain the virus as it spreads rapidly in its northern region. In the US, there are 53 cases and with that, the administration has asked Congress for $2.5 billion more funding to seek vaccine and purchase protective gears.
- The competition to win Peter’s heart and for Peter to find a wife(?) is getting near the final stage as three ladies remain down under. Play by play of last night’s episode here. If you love The Bachelor/Bachelorette but think, “it’d be great if they had some older contestants,” ok boomer (ha!) ABC’s heard you and they’re casting for Seniors 65+ ready for a committed relationship and looking for love. According to a tweet, “producers of The Bachelor are looking for active and outgoing single men and women in their golden for a new exciting dating show.”
- There was not a dry eye at the Staples Center Monday at the memorial service/celebration of life for Laker legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna, two of the 9 victims that died in a tragic helicopter crash almost month ago. Beyoncé opened with a powerful 2 song medley, other performers included Christina Aguilera and Alicia Keys. Speakers included Micheal Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal, Kobe’s agent Rob Pelinka, Diana Taurausi and Geno Auriemma of UConn. Kobe’s wife and Gianna’s mom, Vanessa’s eulogy was heartwarming, heartbreaking but also gave an insight into their marriage and what kind of a dad he was. It was very hard to watch.
- With the fashion world descending upon Paris for PFW F/W ’20, it was only right to hold the celebration opening of the new Christian Louboutin exhibit. The designer calls his “L’Exhibitioniste” métier, launching February 26 at Paris’ Palais de la Porte Dorée museum, a celebration and not a retrospective. The opening celebration had Janelle Monáe, Law Roach, Sabrina Elba, Vogue UK EIC Edward Enninful, Karlie Kloss, Diane Von Furstenberg, designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and more in attendance.
MORE RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
LOOK OF THE DAY
photo credit: Wireimage
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more