This weekend, some of you will be celebrating your loved ones for Valentine’s but, most of us here in Chicago and some sports fans traveling into town will be hyped for all the festivities surrounding the weekend and leading up to the 2020 NBA All Star Game at Chicago’s United Center. This will be Chicago’s third time hosting the annual event, having hosted back in 1973 and 1988. Team Lebron and Team Giannis will go head to head with an all star roster, playing for Chicago Scholars and After School Matters, respectively as part of the new NBA All-Star Game format change where every quarter counts for Chicago-based charities. Sadly, the AllStar game will not feature any hometown Chicago Bulls players.
You’re probably wondering, whats the deal with all the parties and activations? Worry not as we are getting you the scoop on all that we know below and will update this post as more information drops in our inbox. Please do note that some of the events listed will be private, invite-only events, which we will note. For events open to the general public, we will also note that as well.
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 12
NBA Cares All-Star Community Event: Center on Halsted Dinner and Conversation
- Former NBA and WNBA players and members of the NBA family will participate in a conversation with LGBTQ youth and allies from the Center on Halsted. A leading provider for the LGBTQ community in Chicago, Center on Halsted is dedicated to advancing community and health through personalized support services, programming and a safe and welcoming environment.
ORS Haircare presents “Barbers & Beats”
- ORS Haircare is kicking off NBA All-Star Weekend to celebrate its popular Oil Sheen and showcase Chicago’s Top Barbers at a private event on Wednesday February 12. DJ Kid Capri will be the special guest along with host Ed Lover. Chicago artist P. Scott will also have a live art going throughout the event taking place at Blind Barber (948 W Fulton Market 60607).
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 13
BACARDÍ Rum Chicago Rum Room
- Ahead of All-Star Weekend, BACARDÍ Rum is excited to invite you to the Chicago Rum Room on Thursday, February 13 taking place at Dance Studio (58 West Kinzie Street. After making stops in Atlanta, New York, Miami – the iconic rum brand is closing out its Premium Rum Collection event series with the help of Starz TV’s Power heartthrob – Omari Hardwick. Showcasing the very best in cocktails and culture – the Rum Room will feature the aged rums of the BACARDÍ Premium Collection – BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro, BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho and BACARDÍ Gran Reserva Diez – and the many ways to try them through immersive rooms inspired by the premium collection. Exclusive VIP preview hour beginning at 7:00PM, with GA doors opening at 8:00pm (INVITE). CLICK HERE TO RSVP.
NBA Lurie Children’s Hospital Visit
- Members of the NBA family will visit patients and their families at Lurie Children’s Hospital, the largest pediatric provider in the region, for a morning of games, crafts and entertainment
NBA Voices Youth Summit
- In partnership with After School Matters, Chicago CRED and Youth Guidance, NBA players and legends, community, civic and more than 75 youth leaders from across the city will come together for a series of engaging conversations focused on empowering local youth to drive change in their neighborhoods. NBA All-Star Youth Leadership Council members will share their vision for change and present their community project proposals, which will come to life in the Auburn Gresham, Englewood, West Humboldt Park, Roseland and Austin/North Lawndale neighborhoods in the coming months.
- Neiman Marcus on Michigan Avenue is kicking off All Star Weekend lineup of festivities on Thursday night by launching an Ovadia All Star collection along with a fashion panel featuring Trae Young of the Atlanta Hawks, Khalilah Beavers, stylist to NBA players along with the Ovadia designers.
Jordan Brand HUB23 Opening
- Jordan Brand has created HUB23, which will serve as the Brand’s community hub uniting basketball culture for All-Star weekend and will host various activations. The location is where the original Air Jordan XI Concord commercial was filmed. Tour the space before it is open to the public. This community hub is located at the General Richard L Jones Armory (5200 S. Cottage Grove). (INVITE)
Joy District All Star Weekend Lineup
Starting Thursday February 13 through Saturday February 15, Joy District and MASQ Chicago in River North’s got a heavy lineup of appearances and performances. On Thursday February 13, Trey Songz is making a LIVE performance appearance at MASQ at Hubbard Inn. OT Genasis, whom we just found out is going to be a new daddy with his ex- Malika Haqq will be at Joy District on Friday for the 2020 All-Star Rookie Party along with some special NBA players appearances; Ticket includes entry and a two hour open bar from 9-11pm. Rapper Tory lane is scheduled to be at Joy Distrtic for its Saturday Day party at Noon. and Ludacris will be at MASQ at noonTo see DJ Khaled perform Saturday (10pm) of All-Star Weekend GA ticket or table reservation is required for entry.
GLD POP UP SHOP in Chicago
- Men’s jewelry brand GLD, founded by Christian Johnston and Dan Folger invites you to come and see and experience their collection in person, including their recently launched NBA x GLD collection, during All-Star Weekend 2020 in Chicago. From Thursday February 13- Sunday February 16 11am-8pm located at 207 S. State Street. On Saturday at 4PM, Chicago Bulls forward Wendell Carter Jr. will be at the pop-up for the launch of the new GLD cuban logo chain celebrating the host city.
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 14
NBA Crossover at Navy Pier (Friday, Feb. 14 – Sunday, Feb. 16)
- Offering even more ways for fans to get in on the action, NBA Crossover at Navy Pier will be open Friday, Feb.
14 through Sunday, Feb. 16. Chicago’s Navy Pier will be transformed into a fan destination with customized experiences, retail
offerings, NBA partner activations, player and talent appearances, memorabilia displays and more. $20 tickets
will be available on NBAEvents.com. (PUBLIC)
Building Bridges Through Basketball
- In partnership with Under Armour and RISE, the NBA will dedicate a new basketball court to Chicago’s Union League Boys and Girls Club to celebrate the fourth year of the Building Bridges Through Basketball program. The 10-week program brings together Chicago youth and law enforcement from Humboldt Park, Pilsen and Englewood for basketball clinics, facilitated conversations and leadership activities to explore concepts of identity, diversity, stereotypes, conflict resolution and teamwork.
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Art, Beats + Lyrics
- Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Art, Beats and Lyrics traveling exhibition that brings a fusion of urban art and music to create a one-of-a-kind cultural experience returns to Chicago in time for All Star Weekend and its 15th Anniversary Tour with Little Brother and Netflix Sensation, D Smoke. Guests are invited to an interactive experience featuring tech-centric installations and visual art exhibits from renowned artists such as Tim Okamura, Yung Yemi and AB+L’s very own curator, Dubelyoo. Guests will also enjoy performances by legendary group, Little Brother and the winner of Netflix’s Rhythm and Flow show, D Smoke. Signature Jack
Daniel’s Tennessee Honey cocktails will be served. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Art, Beats + Lyrics all take place at The Geraghty (2520 S. Hoyne Avenue 60608) from 7:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. Click here to RSVP. NOT a public event.
Jr. NBA Day
- In partnership with Under Armour, more than 1,000 Chicago Public School students from nearly 50 Chicago neighborhoods will participate in the fifth Annual Jr. NBA Day at Navy Pier. NBA All-Stars and WNBA players will lead three sessions of basketball clinics on courts provided by SnapSports, including a female-focused Her Time To Play session, as part of the league’s initiative to inspire girls to learn and play basketball.
UNDERGROUND CHICAGO ASW LINEUP
Dance Studio Chicago All Star Weekend Lineup
- The 69th NBA All-Star Weekend is coming to Chicago February 14 – 16, and River North’s Dance Studio’s got a star-studded music lineup to celebrate! Get ready to dance because the weekend is kicking off on Friday, February 14 with a DJ set from multi-platinum rapper Lil Jon. Doors open at 9 PM with a live band and the party continues until 2 AM. Tickets for Lil Jon are extremely limited; they can be purchased in advance HERE or at the door. On Saturday night, NBA legend Shaquille “Shaq” O’Neal will deejay under the name Diesel. The night starts at 9 PM and stays going until 3 AM. Tickets for Shaq are extremely limited; they can be purchased in advance HERE or at the door. To close out the weekend, LA-based Greystone nightclub and Made event productions co-host a Sunday dance party from 10 PM – 2 AM with a surprise guest appearance that you won’t want to miss.
DJ Khaled at TAO Chicago
Tickets will be available at the door but table reservation is highly recommended.
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 15
NBA Wives Association (NBAWA) Women’s Empowerment Summit 2020
- The NBAWA’s 3rd Annual Women’s Empowerment Summit- bringing together a community of Unsung Sheroes and Game Changers who are forging impact and shaping the future’s private event will take place on Saturday Feb. 15 at the W City Center Chicago (. The event will feature chats and panels from women at the top of their games opening up about what it means to be a game changer and how they want to shape the future. NBAWA’s 2020 Summit will be hosted by Ros Gold-Onwude with Sports Analyst Cari Champion and Digital entrepreneur Karen Civil serving as moderators. A stellar Boss woman lineup will include Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton, Illinois’s first African American Lieutenant Governor , Tia Mowry, Cook County Kim Foxx, Beth Moskowitz, Amy Brooks, Elle Leonard and Jasmine Jordan.
Courvoisier Cognac’s “Maison Courvoisier”
- Courvoisier Cognac is collaborating with hip-hop icon, Pusha T, for “Maison Courvoisier” to celebrate the “power of the collective” – Courvoisier’s guiding force through which it’s built the award-winning Cognac house on Saturday February 15. In a similar vein, Pusha T has carefully chosen up-and-coming artists to spotlight with cutting-edge art installations and limited-edition capsule collections within House Courvoisier. Kicking off in the Beam Suntory brand’s U.S. home of Chicago, Maison Courvoisier, a contemporary interpretation of the impressive Courvoisier Chateau in Jarnac, France, is an immersive experience that shines a light on the brand’s history of shared success. Told through the eyes of some of today’s hottest talent and emerging artisans, the experience will allow attendees the opportunity to celebrate fashion, music, and art alongside Pusha T and some of his favorite up-and-coming talent, including designer and creative director of Los Angeles-based streetwear brand Rhude Rhuigi Villasenor and contemporary visual artist Al-Baseer Holly. The event set to take place at Morgan Manufacturing (401 N Morgan St. Ste 203 60642) from 9 p.m.- 1 a.m. Guests in attendance for the immersive luxury experience will enjoy live performances from Pusha T, interactive art galleries, fashion exhibits, and samples of Courvoisier’s full portfolio including the brand’s newest expression. Click here to RSVP **Must be 21+ to attend**
Stadium Status Day Party
- Come and witness and join in on the fun of the largest Day Party in Chicago taking place at Soldier Field’s United Club on Saturday Feb. 15 from 2pm – 8pm. Come dance to sounds from Cleveland Cavaliers DJ Stephloss, Afrofrusion’s own DJ DeeMoeney and many more. Click here to get tickets.
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 16
Drai’s Beachclub & Nightclub Las Vegas Chicago Takeover
- The celeb favorite nightlife hotspot is coming to Chicago just for NBA All-Star Weekend and bringing its famous parties vibes. You’re invited to an an ALL⭐STAR 2020 TAKEOVER including game viewing and afterparty with special guest DJ Khaled and some of his famous music friends. on Saturday February 15, Yo Gotta and DJ Franzen will perform. Drais Beachclub & Nightclub Las Vegas’ Chicago outpost will be at Deuces Major League Bar in Wrigleyville (3503 N. Clark Street). All tickets are available at DraisTakeover.com
In furthering its commitment to community service, members of the NBA family during NBA All-Star 2020 will support tens of thousands of children across Chicago’s neighborhoods through programs and events through #ASW weekend. Together with Chicago Public Schools and more than 40 community-based organizations, including Center on Halsted, Greater Chicago Food Depository, City Year Chicago and YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, the NBA’s programs will focus on promoting physical and mental wellness, teaching the values and fundamentals of the game, creating spaces for open dialogue and mentorship, supporting those in need and empowering the city’s next generation of leaders. The week-long efforts will be highlighted by the first-ever NBA All-Star Youth Leadership Council, a group of 20 high school-aged young people from throughout Chicago that first convened in November 2019 in partnership with the Chicago Bulls, After School Matters, Chicago CRED and Youth Guidance.
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
pronounced: Boh-la-jee, like the Bellagio but w/o the O. SLC Founder and Editor, loves to write about topics at the intersection of career and lifestyle for today's young professional and future leaders.