- Chicago’s Favorite Foodie Celebration takes place Sept. 22-25
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
One of Chicago’s best culinary outdoor festival, Chicago Gourmet, returns to Millennium Park this year from September 22-25 and they’re promising a grand celebration with a star studded lineup. The 2022 edition of Chicago Gourmet from founding sponsor Illinois Restaurant Association, together with presenting sponsor Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits themed “Creating a Stir,” will have all sorts of world class events combining fan favorites with new experiences that champion Chicago’s dynamic dining landscape. The lineup of talent and personalities for the weekend as well as tickets for the 2022 Chicago Gourmet will go live on Wednesday, July 27, 2022 by 10:00 AM. CST. The festival benefits the Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (IRAEF); they’ve awarded more than $3.2 million in scholarships since its inception.
Though you can’t get tickets right now, here’s a working lineup of the things planned for Chicago Gourmet weekend taking place mostly at Harris Theater Rooftop in Millennium Park.
- Tacos & Tequila, hosted by Chef Rick Bayless and presented by US FOODS, will kickoff the festival on Thursday, September 22 from 7 – 10PM with a spectacular showcase of gourmet tacos and agave spirits presented by some of the city’s most impassioned leaders of authentic Mexican cuisine. Guests can explore a range of premium tequilas and mezcals to the stylings of DJ,
- Hamburger Hop hosted by Chef Stephanie Izard presented by Buckhead Meat and Blue Moon returns featuring chef competitors battling it out atop the Harris Theater At stake on Friday, September 23 from 6 – 9PM: the ultimate bragging rights in burger supremacy. Two winners will be crowned – Judge’s top burger and the People’s Choice!
- After the Hamburger Hop, is the afterparty. Late Night Gourmet, presented by TAO Chicago (632 N. Dearborn). Late night bites, specialty cocktails, music and dancing on Friday, September 23 from 9PM – 12AM.
- Grand Cru presented by UnitedHealthcare, will showcase the world’s finest wines curated by the nation’s leading wine experts, with an enhanced focus on craft spirits, and unforgettable cuisine prepared by Chicago’s award-winning chefs. Saturday, September 24, 2 – 5PM and 7 – 10PM.
- Closing out the festival at Sünday Fünday with a gourmet twist. Prost! In the Park is a gourmet Oktoberfest-style beer and spirits festival with brews, bites, and boozie bevs from popular and soon-to-be-discovered producers. Of course, Sunday, September 25 from 1 – 4PM. Lederhosen not required (but encouraged!).
“This year, we are focused on presenting our favorite programs—what truly makes Chicago Gourmet so special.
Of course, we have a few tricks up our sleeves to ensure an unforgettable celebration and a wonderful weekend
to toast Chicago’s diverse culinary landscape,” said Sam Toia, President and CEO, Illinois Restaurant Association.
This lineup for Chicago Gourmet 2022 “Creating a Stir” to me, doesn’t really display their so called dedication “to the dreamers and doers and movers and shakers in Chicago’s diverse culinary community” but maybe when all the details are announced July 27 there will be more than just lipservice of celebrating diversity.
To purchase tickets on July 27, visit chicagogourmet.org
Join the in-crowd by liking us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram. We appreciate every support and love to be a select few in your inbox, Subscribe to our Free Newsletter to Stay Up-To-Date on Events in your City
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more