Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
In the data obsessed, digital age we live in, finding a mate or date on match.com, e-harmony, tinder, grindr, okcupid is the norm but have you ever thought about using LinkedIn? The website that bills itself as “the world’s largest professional network with 300 million members in over 200 countries and territories around the globe” seems like the perfect dating. Inc Magazine writer Larry Kim sure thinks so and he gives us “6 Reasons LinkedIn Is the New Online Dating Site.”
Thing is, there’s always been an underlying dating pool aspect to linkedIN. From the random linkedIn request from someone that person you hardly know nor share “connections” in common with.
The reasons to give LinkedIN a try if you’re coming up short/empty handed with your other online dating sites are worth updating your profile this weekend.
1. It has a huge network: “300 million users across 200 countries and territories, LinkedIn boasts a significant number of targets for Cupid’s arrows.”
2. It offers the most important info about potential suitors: “LinkedIn makes it easy to review possible matches based on the info that matters–where you’re from, where you went to school, and what you do. While these elements are admittedly unromantic, they say a lot about an individual and are significant indicators of potential compatibility.”
Talk about vetting process.
3. It shows who recently viewed your profile.
Unlike OKCupid that shows only a username, LinkedIn has the person’s full name+title if you’re into that sort of thing
4. You can deduce a lot from the little info LinkedIn gathers.
5. It shows trusted friends of friends.
6. LinkedUp proves love isn’t so far away
So if you’re looking for the guy who was the varsity lacrosse captain at Lacrosse or the girl who was USG president and social chair in her sorority, go ahead and send that LinkedIN invitation request
just don’t abuse your LinkedIn request.
Have you met a date or potential suitor through LinkedIn?
According to the author, “LinkedIn isn’t just for job searching–it could be where you meet the love of your life.”
Will you be updating your profile this weekend?
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more