Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
CORONAVIRUS GLOBAL UPDATES: The worldwide number of coronavirus cases, not deaths or fatalities, has now surpassed 90,000. US has now recorded 100 cases of COVID-19 coronavirus; 6 deaths in Washington State. University of Chicago Medical Center treating Illinois’ possible 5th case. As parts of the world continues to see increase in cases, reports are noting that China With its affects on health, the novel virus is now affecting businesses of different industries. As we wrote below, Gucci is joining the growing list of fashion brands cancelling shows. Twitter’s chief Jack Dorsey and Facebook are pulling out of SXSW. Chicago’s long running Housewares show has been cancelled. The Fed, perhaps listening to Pre. Trump or being proactive, cut interest rates in an emergency movenvestigated…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Two CPD officers who were found guilty of conspiracy and obstruction of justice, for their role in using their position to raid homes and steal cash of alleged drug dealers, will be sentenced next week and prosecutors are asking for 10 years each. In other Chicago area news, Casey Urlacher, the brother of former Chicago Bears and new ad man for male hair transplant Brian Urlacher is staying on as Mettawa mayor despite being charged with conspiracy and running an illegal gambling business.
- NATIONAL: Its Super Tuesday time and Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is getting a backing from Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar, who both recently ended their bids. Bloomberg, who’s spent $500M on his campaign is looking to get back on track even as Selma churchgoers turned their backs on him. Both are looking to knock down frontrunner Bernie Sanders. Also in the US, some California UPS employees might be breathing a sigh of relief as authorities arrested a UPS worker who threatened to carry out a mass shooting. He had sent threatening texts to his employers saying he was planning a mass shooting. They found over 20,000 rounds of handgun and rifle ammunition along with several high-capacity magazines, five tactical style rifles, a shotgun, three handguns and body armor at his house.
- WORLD: Benjamin Netanyahu is going nowhere or so it seems as the results of Israel’s third national election in less than a year are coming out in his favor. He was up against former armed forces chief Benny Gantz of the centrist Blue and White party.
- From a Netflix account to IRL, Netflix is bringing ‘Netflix Is a Joke’ Fest this spring. The announcement made Monday says the festival running from April 27 to May 3 will feature more than 100 performances with comedic bigs Dave Chappelle, David Letterman, Amy Schumer, Ali Wong, Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, Jamie Foxx, Sarah Silverman, Kevin Hart, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Ken Jeong, and Martin Lawrence. The first Netflix is a Joke fest will end with a hall-of-fame tribute to four late legends: George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Joan Rivers and Robin Williams. This news comes as the streaming services new VP of Consumer Products Josh Simon begins this week. He was recently Nike’s VP and head of global strategy for product, design, merchandising and categories.
- Remember the big brouhaha right before the Grammys with the CEO Deborah Dugan and the board of the recording academy? Dugan, who had been on administrative leave since mid-January, has now been officially fired from the Recording Academy after what they say was “two exhaustive, costly independent investigations.” No word yet on resolution of her EEOC complaints.
- The anticipated Gucci Cruise 2021 show that was slated for May in San Francisco has been cancelled due to “the ongoing uncertainty prompted by the coronavirus outbreak, as a precautionary measure…new timing and location of the show will be announced at a later date.” In other fashion news, Sarah Jessica Parker (SJP) announced her shoe brand is opening its first NYC flagship location in April at an iconic spot, the former longtime location of the Manolo Blahnik boutique. A full circle moment of sorts for the actress turned shoe designer, as it was the shopping spot for her Sex and The City character Carrie Bradshaw.
MORE RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
LOOK OF THE DAY
photo credit: Metro UK
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more