- Hotness In The News' the Chicago Morning news Newsletter bringing you 7 news stories after 7 to know today and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today. Have a great weekend.
BABY SUSSEX UPDATES. Prince Harry spoke with the media Monday following the announcement of the birth of baby sussex looking very happy and giddy. Though Meghan has eschewed the tradition of posing for press immediately after giving birth, we are learning that she may have not had a home birth after all and the news that she went into labor was a distraction as she had already given birth when the labor announcement was made. According to reports, she was whisked off to a private American hospital….Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Monday’s James Beard Foundation Awards gala hosted in Chicago featured one of the most diverse cast of winners in recent years as the organization continues in their commitment to making the awards more inclusive. This year’s winners from all over the country, in their speeches had a few underlying themes. Family was quite important to them with a lot giving praise to parents that helped them cultivate their crafts, partners who believed in them or allowed them to fly even if they didn’t understand. Another theme was that of mentors and a strong team. Kith/Kin’s Kwame Onwuachi took home the Rising Star Chef award, Young Joni chef Ann Kim’s speech was quite touching. Chicago’s first winner was Greg Wade (Publican Quality Bread) who won for Outstanding Baker. Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm, whom we spotted at the Esquire mag pre-party at Gibson’s Italia, took home top honors for Outstanding Restaurateur. Parachute’s Beverly Kim and Johnny won Best Chef: Great Lakes. You can view our instagram stories for play by play of the night’s festivities.
- NATIONAL/WORLD: President Trump presented his friend and recent Masters champion Tiger Woods with the medal of freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor Monday calling him a “true legend” the president also signed an executive grant of clemency for former Army first lieutenant Michael Behenna granting him a full pardon though he was sentenced in 2009 to 15 years for murdering Ali Mansur Mohamed, an alleged al Qaeda operative and Iraqi prisoner.
- WORLD: The two Reuters journalists that were imprisoned in Myanmar have been freed after 500 days. Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, convicted of breaking Myanmar’s Official Secrets Act. were pardoned by President Win Myint. The two men at the time of their arrest in December 2017 were working on an investigation of a massacre of 10 Rohingya men in Myanmar’s Rakhine state which won a Pulitzer Prize last month.
- Wendy Williams’ estranged husband wants spousal and child support. Kevin Hunter, who was served divorce papers last month when news of his mistress giving birth came out, filed a response Wendy’s divorce petition.
- Kim Kardashian West the prison reform champion has secured the release of another inmate, Jamelle Carraway who’s served 11 years of a life sentence in federal prison for cocaine possession. Its been reported that Kardashian West and her legal team helped 17 prisoners gain freedom over the last 3 months or so — each of them having served years of life sentences without parole … for low-level drug offenses.
- The Who’s Who of the fashion-music-entertainment world were all well represented at the annual Met gala in NYC Monday night. Lady Gaga upon arrival made 4 outfit changes. Billy Porter’s entrance was also extravagant and lavish i.e. camp when he arrived carried by 6 burly men (this is how dramatic I am trying to be now). Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes finally came out public as a couple.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
LOOK OF THE DAY
Cardi B in Thom Browne dress @ Met Gala
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more