Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
VMAs. If you missed our live updates on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even snapchat of last night’s MTV VMAs lets get you caught up before watercooler talk time. It was held in Madision Square Garden; leading up to it, there were rumors Beyonce would perform and thank goodness she did because she slayyyyed the almost 16 minutes Lemonade medley finishing it off with a tribute to Prince. Rihanna performed four times. Kanye West spoke for a bit before introducing his new video Fade. Teyana Taylor, who is far from a new face in the entertainment industry, is the reason your co-worker might be dumping sugar for proteins and gym time. Blue Ivy arrived with her mom in a sparkly Mischka Aoki tutu dress that cost $10,950. The highly anticipated return of Britney was marred with stiff, same dance moves and off key lipsyncing oh and she went after Beyonce, not fair. Drake who was reportedly late due to traffic presented Rihanna with the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award professing his love for her. The Fantsatic five gymnasts sans Gabby Douglas were in attendance and Simone Biles got to meet Kim Kardashian West. Micheal Phelps, who lost his cool when Jimmy Fallon came in dressed as Ryan Lochte, revealed he was listening to Future’s music when he made the infamous Phelps face…Read more
• Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda is coming to Chicago as part of Chicago Humanities Festival in September. The MacArthur genius-grant recipient and Pulitzer Prize winner will appear in conversation with Tribune theater critic Chris Jones.
• Chicago’s violence hit a new low over the weekend when Nykea Aldridge was gunned down while driving a stroller Aldridge was the cousin of Chicago Bulls star Dwyane Wade, who a day before spoke about the violence in Chicago. 2 men have been arrested in the case.
• Brazil’s president Dilma Rousseff will take the stand to defend herself at her impeachment trial.
• Last year Pirelli debuted a departure from their scantily clad sexed up models for their annual calendar and that seems to be working as it was announced Lupita Nyong’o, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Kate Winslet were among the accomplished stars that have been tapped for the 2017 calendar, photographed by Peter Lindbergh.
• He’s back at it, allegedly. Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former NY congressman married to Hillary Clinton’s aide Huma Abedin allegedly sexted a brunette a pic of his crotch that also had his son’s face in it, yikes!.
• Chicago Bulls star Jimmy Butler has been named the first brand ambassador for menswear brand Bonobos and will star in their first advertising campaign. See the video here.
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” ― Bruce Lee
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
photos via: Getty; E!
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more