Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
HEADLINER – Wednesday March 7
Stormy Daniels sues. Could failure to sign an agreed upon non-disclosure come back to haunt president Trump? Porn star Stormy Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford is suing Essential Consultants LLC and Donald J Trump aka David Dennison arguing that the non disclosure agreement she signed in 2016 that he didn’t sign is invalid. According to WSJ, who broke the story of the $130,000 payment, the bank used by President Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen to wire the funds flagged the transaction as suspicious and reported it to the Treasury Department. The civil suit was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court…Read more
• Speaking of Trump, the Justice Department has filed a lawsuit against the state of California over immigration enforcement and providing sanctuaries. According to the reports, The lawsuit, which also names Gov. Jerry Brown and California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, challenges three recently passed state laws that the Trump administration says hinder enforcement of federal immigration law and endanger federal agents.
• In Chicago news: This foodie legal drama is getting intense. The money man behind now shuttered Grace restaurant is accusing the chef and GM of making “extra profits by improperly using high-end ingredients provided by Grace at private events worldwide,” according to a new court filing on Tuesday by Investor Michael Olszewski. AT&T will create 500 new jobs at their newly renovated call center in Chicago. They’ve already added 300 workers since the fall, with plans to hire 200 more to staff up the customer service operation. Best picture Oscar winner Shape of Water’s star Michael Shannon was not dressed in an Armani tux, walked the red carpet or in attendance at the Dolby Theatre, rather he watched the awards telecast at Old Town Ale House while sipping beer.
• Nashville mayor Megan Barry resigned and pled guilty to felony theft charge Tuesday. Earlier this year, Barry admitted to having an affair with her former head of security Rob Forrest (he’s also pleaded guilty on Tuesday to felony theft). As part of her plea deal, Barry was sentenced to three years of unsupervised probation and agreed to reimburse the city $11,000 in unlawful expenses. The restitution covers travel expenses for their “work trips” and overtime incurred while Forrest was on duty at the time of their affair.
•The deal is off! The group, organized by investor Ron Burkle and publicly led by businesswoman Maria Contreras-Sweeto, that was set to acquire the Weinstein company has called it off after finding out the company had about $65 million of additional liabilities. This new development is pushing the Weinstein Company toward a bankruptcy filing.
• Usher and his wife Grace Manuel released a joint statement announcing their split. The couple, married in 2015, only said separation in the statement no word of divorce is next. The singer listed their sunset strip home on the market 2 weeks before the announcement and are also looking to unload a Georgia home. Usher has been in litigation with several women over claims he knowingly gave them herpes.
• Victoria Beckham Ltd has brought on board former president of Puig’s fashion division and chief executive of Nina Ricci and Jean Paul Gaultier, Ralph Toledano as chairman. Toledano will support the company’s international expansion. He currently serves as executive chairman of the French Federation of the Prêt-à-Porter Couture of Fashion Designers and Designers. Plus size fashion brand Eloquii has partnered with Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James brand for a Spring 2018 Collection, check out the pieces on sale now here. An instagram account that published a “Blacklist” that named photographers, agents, and stylists who allegedly “acted sexually inappropriate” toward models and others in the fashion industry has taken down the list.
“Invite people into your life who don’t look or act like you. You might find they challenge your assumptions and make you grow. ”― Mellody Hobson
LOOK OF THE DAY
Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture 2018
*Featured image credit: Arch Digest
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more