Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Though it’s not #MenswearMonday, the fashionably in tune writers at Style.com have culled their list of the “25 people who matter most in menswear right now” and we are loving the list.
Many retailers and designers alike are paying more attention to menswear because of the Henrys (High Earner Not Rich Yet) a term coined by Bain Co. From big dept stores and labels like Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth, Ermenegildo Zegna revamping their stores to appeal to their tasteful male consumer to startups like Trunk Club which was snapped up last year by Nordstrom and growing demand for cult label Rick Owens despite high price tag, we are looking forward to a fantastic 2015.
Some of our favorites from the Style.com list includes:
- Rick Owens
- Hedi Slimane
- Hiroki Nakamura Founder of Visvim
- Mark Parker Nike CEO : “Nike continues to do what it does best: make sneakers people really want.It’s been said that Nike is the best marketing brand in the world.” Mark Parker’s message has been consistent and direct: Innovation comes first, even when he’s collaborating with legends like Tinker Hatfield and Fragment Design founder Hiroshi Fujiwara on the fashion-forward HTM collection.
- Stefano Pilati (Creative director, Zegna)
- Raf Simons
The ones on our radar:
- Bruce Pask Men’s fashion director, Bergdorf Goodman
- Gosha Rubchinskiy
- Benjamin Bruno: Trained under Carine Roitfeld at Paris Vogue, he does androgyny with such austere exactitude that you could almost believe that an off-the-shoulder crop top could become a mainstream item for dudes.
- Charlie and Joe Casely-Hayford
Read the rest of the article HERE
*image via Style.com
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more