Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Your favorite Chicago based morning newsletter bringing you the reliable news you can use to “make small talk, better” is back in action. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 today Tuesday September 10 and make small talk, better.
SAUDI-US-IRAN. Despite President Trump’s tweet that we are locked and loaded, following the attacks in Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities over the weekend, though the trigger has not been pulled. The fingers are being pointed at Iran behind the attack, and with that the country’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said there will be no talks with the president at this time. According to reports “the assault halved Saudi Arabia’s oil output and damaged the world’s biggest crude oil processing plant”…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: WGN channel 9 will be “Chicago’s very own” no more as the $6.4 billion sale of Tribune Media to Dallas, TX based Nexstar Media Group was approved by the FCC reports Robert Feder. The deal isexpected to close as soon as this week and ownership of WGN-Channel 9 will be outside of Chicago for the first time since WGN’s founding in 1924. In other Chicago news, Amazon is expanding in the city adding jobs in advertising, cloud computing and business development. The Cubs beat the Reds. Another CPD suicide has been reported.
- NATIONAL: A Florida mom of 4 Casei Jones, has been found dead along with her four children and her husband has been arrested in connection to their murders. Jones was reported missing my family members over the weekend though she had not been seen in about six weeks. According to the report “detectives believe Michael Jones murdered the family in Marion County and stored the bodies at his home and in his van for several weeks before transporting them to Brantley County, Georgia.” Unrelated, WeWork still plans to go ahead with its IPO filing and stock market debut despite the fact that investor concern keeps growing and its valuation is more like $10 billion and $12 billion not the $47 billion it reported.
- WORLD: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson may have lied to the queen. In this ongoing soap opera minus the love triangle, called Brexit, the PM got a lashing from prime minister of Luxembourg Xavier Bettel at the press conference that Johnson decided to skip. The frustration among EU leaders and constituents over the fact that more than three years after the UK referendum on EU membership, the country and parliament are still divided over what kind of Brexit to pursue.
- 2019 is the #TheGift that keeps on giving when it comes to Beyonce Knowles Carter that is. Monday evening, we had a chance to view what went into creating The Lion King: The Gift LP as ABC aired the Beyoncé Presents: Making the Gift special. We also saw our cousins Rumi and Sir and Blue Ivy in her element. Its refreshing to see her shine a line on multiple musicians hailing from Africa and also showcase parts of the continent to a world that may not know much about Africa and the different countries, dances, people that make it great. If you missed the ABC network exclusive you can watch it here.
- He’s been touring the country and the LA area with his Sunday Service and now Kanye is ready to launch it globally. The Chicago rapper confirmed that his album Jesus Is King, will be dropping by the end of this month. At an event in Indiana, West was recorded telling guests “Jesus Is King is out September 27th, so let’s continue this…” The album is set to have 12 songs though no word on if special or secret tracks will be included.
- As she presented her Spring 2020 collection during LFW, Victoria Beckham was also celebrating the launch of her beauty line. Victoria Beckham Beauty, which has sold out of pieces from the drop, had hosted a lunch at the posh members only spot Annabel’s. Speaking to media in attendance, VB noted “It’s not about skincare that makes you look younger, it’s about being the best version of yourself.” Speaking of beauty launches, Lady Gaga celebrated the launch of Haus Laboratories, with a #hausparty in Santa Monica. Highlights from LFW Monday (final major show day) included presentations from JW Anderson’s, Richard Quinn, Burberry where Kendall Jenner debuted her blonde do, Erdem and Christopher Kane.
RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”
― Mario Andretti
LOOK OF THE DAY
Keke Palmer in Cinq a Sept @ WWHL
Featured image credit: Mark Seliger
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more