Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Your favorite Chicago based morning newsletter bringing you the reliable news you can use to “make small talk, better” is back in action. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 today Tuesday September 10 and make small talk, better.
UFO’s ARE REAL. A U.S Navy spokesman has confirmed that videos posted online relating to possible UFO sighting, do indeed include footage of “unidentified aerial phenomena.” This admission comes ahead of a planned event on September 20, called Storm Area 51…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: A 31-year-old woman nicknamed Madame Priscilla Belle,” has been indicted by the feds for running a sex “dungeon” and multistate prostitution business that allegedly brought in millions of dollars from clients across the nation. Jessica Nesbitt, pled not guilty on Wednesday in court with her defense attorney stating that she operated a legal “fetish business,” where clients learned about the biz from a site called Kink Extraordinaires. Minitab, a Pennsylvania based statistical analysis software company, announced its expansion to Chicago with a new larger office in the West Loop.
- NATIONAL: A phone conversation president Trump had with a world leader making an undisclosed promise is at the center of a whistleblower complaint that is currently being withheld from House intelligence committee chairman Adam Schiff by the office of acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire. A report from the Washington Post notes that the complaint was filed by an intelligence official who became troubled by a promise Trump made during communication and interaction with a foreign leader.
- WORLD: On the world new front today, there’s a lot to just pick one. In Canada, PM Justin Tredeau is on a major apology tour during his reelection campaign after photos of him wearing what looks like black/brown face in a costume while attending an Arabian Nights party in 2001. Then Boris Johnson’s Brexit, Parliament suspension court case is on its final day as one time PM David Cameron gets vocal, now. A possible string of serial killings that might be linked to cultism in the Port Harcourt region of Nigeria might have several suspects. The 2nd election in a year for Israel has ended in a deadlock with Netanyahu urging his rival Mr Benny Gantz to start negotiations on a joint administration; which Gantz rebuffed. Also the Duke & Duchess of Sussex will begin their South Africa tour next week after they return from Misha Nonoo’s socialite studded wedding.
- Britney Spears’ conservatorship status is being deliberated over after a closed door hearing on Wednesday at Stanley Mosk Courthouse in Los Angeles. You’ll remember that she had a temporary conservator,Jodi Montgomery assigned to take over her dad Jamie’s duties over Britney’s personal affairs through January 2020. No word yet on the final decision after the hearing but we do know, Jamie Spears, who still remains conservator of her finances, will not face charges over the incident that warranted a restraining order. The #FreeBritney rally continues.
- This season of America’s Got Talent (AGT), wrapped up last night and not surprising, Kodi Lee was crowned the winner of Season 14. He first caught out ears and heart during his goosebump, tear inducing audition performance of Donny Hathaway’s “A Song for You.” Lee, who is autistic and was born with optic nerve hypoplasia, won $1 million PLUS headlining shows from Nov. 7-10 at Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
- Max Mara’s MFW show influenced by awesome BBC series “Killing Eve”, brought out the it top girls modeling right now. Gigi and Bella, Joan Small, Kaia all walked the show. Other highlights from MFW include Emporia Armani, Maison Margiela’s MM6, The Ralph Lauren storyline from Friends is coming to life in the form of a collection inspired by Jennifer Aniston’s character Rachel Green.
RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”
― E.E. Cummings
LOOK OF THE DAY
Rihanna in Fenty & Bottega Veneta croc bag
Featured image credit: Getty images
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more