Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Your favorite Chicago based morning newsletter bringing you the reliable news you can use to “make small talk, better” is back in action. Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 today Tuesday September 10 and make small talk, better.
ED BUCK. If the name Ed Buck sounds familiar, its because earlier this year a 55-year-old man named Timothy Dean was found dead in his West Hollywood apartment of an apparent drug overdose, the second black gay man to die at Buck’s home in less than two years. Now the major political donor has been arrested as authorities charge him with running a drug den. “Ed Buck is ‘a violent, dangerous sexual predator’ who offered drugs, money and shelter to vulnerable addicts in exchange for participation in sexual fetishes, including administering dangerous drug doses.” Last Wednesday, another man allegedly overdosed on methamphetamine provided by Buck. Prosecutors are seeking $4million bail when he appears in court Wednesday. Activist Jasmyne Cannick has been sounding the alarm to his misdeeds since the news of the second death in January…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: A woman was fatally struck in the River North area as she was crossing the street Tuesday. 29-year-old Elizabeth Boshardy, who worked at Trunk Club, was hit by a flatbed truck by Grand/Lasalle and was pronounced dead at the hospital; she may have been pregnant.
- NATIONAL: Early this AM, president Trump announced that he picked U.S. hostage negotiator Robert O’Brien as the new national security adviser, replacing the ousted/resigned John Bolton. O’Brien, who’s been the special envoy for hostage affairs at the U.S. Department, will be the fourth person in the role that does not require Senate confirmation, since Trump took office.
- WORLD: Benjamin Netanyau is doing all he can to try and hold on to power like a balding man struggling with his comb-over but it might be fruitless as it stands now its a deadlock with Benny Gatz, his rival and former military chief. There’s a little over 60% of votes counted so as of this writing, the question of who will be prime minister still remains.
- Alex Trebek has had a bit of setback in his fight against pancreatic cancer diagnosis revealed in March. Falling rounds of chemotherapy that allowed him to get back to work, the beloved game show host of Jeopardy, is back in chemotherapy. Trebek has noted during an interview with ABC, that after his first round of chemo brought his numbers down, he was told to start immunotherapy. “When he did, he lost 12 pounds in a week and his numbers went “sky high,” even higher than when he was first diagnosed. So his doctors started him on a second round of chemotherapy.”
- Celine Dion is getting ready for her Courage World Tour and she recently (this morning) debuted three new songs off her upcoming album. You’ll remember (or maybe not) Dion had an 8 year residency in Las Vegas which she ended back in June. The tour will kick off in Quebec City tonight.
- Rihanna jetted to Seoul, South Korea for a Fenty Masterclass and launch of the store inside the Shinsegae Myeongdong Store where she wore a Christopher John Rogers SS20 Wiggle Dress in Electric Grapefruit. She wore a Jaquemus for the masterclass. Ummm in you probably should’ve never done that news, a streetwear brand that no one’s heard of til now decided to capitalize on the school shootings that’s plagued the country in an effort to raise awareness. Ya, maybe not.
RECOMMENDED MUST READ NEWS
QUOTE OF THE DAY
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.”
― Coco ChanelSee Also
LOOK OF THE DAY
Tracee Ellis Ross in Christopher John Rogers
Featured image credit: Celine Dion
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more