- Hotness In The News brings you 7 news stories making headline after 7 to know each day and make small talk, better.
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture,…
Have a question, suggestion or just want to say hi, you can reach me here. Let’s get into the seven+ things you need to know after 7 to make small talk better today.
1,000 GUNS IN BEL-AIR MANSION. Authorities received a tip that someone was selling and manufacturing weapons in a Bel-Air mansion, in the neighborhood that includes the estate Micheal Jackson’s body was found and the playboy mansion, and the raid yielded thousands of firearms. But the story doesn’t end there. Turns out the house belongs to one Cynthia Beck, who is the former mistress that J. Paul Getty heir Gordon Getty fathered a whole family outside of his marriage with. The thing is Beck does not live in the home and hasn’t for quite some time, as she’s been living in Europe. A man, identified as Girard Saenz, was arrested on the property though no word if he was squatting there or was a legal resident of the mansion…..Read more
- LOCAL/CHICAGO: Outgoing mayor Rahm Emanuel has penned an op-ed in the NY Times where he compared Baltimore and Chicago who faced police reform challenges three years ago and how Chicago is leading. In other Chicago news, Vice Brewery in the South Loop has been evicted plus Gov. Pritzker’s graduated tax plan might face some challenges.
- NATIONAL: Donald J Trump Jr. was been subpoenaed a few weeks ago by the Senate’s Republican-led Intelligence Committee to answer questions about his claim to have just limited knowledge of a plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, which was eventually scrapped. The former lawyer of President Trump Micheal Cohen had testified otherwise though that he had briefed Trump Jr. repeatedly about the effort to develop a Trump Tower and had met with both Donald Trump Jr. and his sister, Ivanka Trump, “approximately 10” times.
- WORLD: Uber is set to go public on Friday and with that comes some rich investors who will surely make bank. One of the investors, who is the largest individual shareholder in the company could have his 11% stake worth up to $7.5 billion. Co-founder and former CEO Travis Kalanick’s shares could net between $5.2billion to $5.9billion. Uber, the world’s largest ride-hailing company, priced at $44 to $50 per share last month, is aiming for a valuation of between $80.5 billion and $91.5 billion in the IPO.
- Anne Hathaway, Rebel Wilson, Megan Trainor took to the yellow/golden carpet for the Los Angeles premiere of The Hustle in Los Angeles Wednesday. Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler were on hand for the premiere the new Netflix Wine Country. Actress Awkwafina attended the screening of her independent film The Farewell at the 35th LA Asian Pacific Film Festival in Los Angeles. Over in Paris, at the Cinema Le Grand Rex, Aladdin director Guy Ritchie stars Will Smith, Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud attended its premiere; Aladdin will open in US theaters May 24.
- The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2019 edition is here and Tyra Banks, who landed her first SI cover in 1997 as the first black woman to appear alone, reprises her role looking snatched as one of the three cover stars! Camille Kostek, a former New England Patriots cheerleader and girlfriend to Rob Gronkowski along with USA National Women’s Soccer team star Alex Morgan also made the SI cover. Gymnast Simon Biles, Jasmine Sanders, Olivia Culpo are all featured as well. The SI issue was shot at exotic locales like Puerto Vallarta, Great Exuma, Bahamas.
- With most of guests still in town from Met Gala, it was the perfect time to present a fashion show which Louis Vuitton took advantage of in staging its Louis Vuitton Cruise 2020 collection at the TWA Flight Center at JFK Airport. Nicolas Ghesquière’s muses Alicia Vikander, Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone, Lea Seydoux and Cate Blanchett, along with Anna Wintour, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, Karlie Kloss, Justin Theroux, Willow Smith, Nina Dobrev, Tracy Morgan and wife Megan Wollover, were just some of the fashionable guests (most decked out in LV) in attendance. On the West coast, Cardi B held court at the launch of her second FashionNova collection where she also performed.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“There will always be rocks in the road ahead of us. They will be stumbling blocks or stepping stones; it all depends on how you use them.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
LOOK OF THE DAY
George and Amal Clooney
phot credit: Micheal Buckner/Variety/REX
Chicago's premium luxury lifestyle website covering fashion, beauty, events, culture, news & more