Tastemaker Chicago presented
Tastemaker Chicago presented by Capital One®, a dynamic new food festival taking place August 17-18 at Revel Fulton Market. Bringing together a curated selection of Chicago’s finest chefs, restaurants and artisans, the festival will be the ultimate collaborative showcase of the city’s best food and drink. Guests will taste their way around a truly immersive food-hall of more than 40 restaurants and producers, where renowned local and international chefs collaborate in pairs to produce unique, one-off menus.
To kick-off the festivities, Capital One is partnering with local chefs Graham Elliot and Matthias Merges for an exclusive cardholder dinner on August 16, complete with cocktail hour and a full five-course menu. The festival itself gets underway on August 17, with 12 more chefs from the city’s best restaurants joining the party in unique collaborations.
All-inclusive tickets for Tastemaker Chicago are $65 and allow guests access to all food, drink and programming during each half-day session. A portion of Tastemaker Chicago proceeds will benefit Pilot Light and its mission of bringing food education into Chicago Public Schools. To purchase tickets to Tastemaker Chicago presented by Capital One and the exclusive Capital One cardholder dinner with Graham Elliot and Matthias Merges, HERE.
Inside the Capital One Savor® Tastemaker Kitchen, guests are invited to enjoy each chef duo’s bespoke dishes, while interacting with the minds behind their favorite culinary creations. Seven pairs of chefs will blend their distinct culinary styles for the first time during four half-day sessions over two days, including:
- Aya Fukai, Aya Pastry (Chicago) and Danny Grant, Maple & Ash (Chicago)
- Abe Conlon, Fat Rice (Chicago) and Jason Hammel, Lula Café (Chicago)
- Bill Montagne, Nico Osteria (Chicago) and Brian Fisher, Entente (Chicago)
- Erling Wu-Bower, Pacific Standard Time (Chicago) and Ian Davis, Band of Bohemia (Chicago)
- Graham Elliot, Gideon Sweet (Chicago) and Matthias Merges, Mordecai (Chicago)
- Michael Hunter, Antler Kitchen + Bar (Toronto) and Ryan Pfieffer, Blackbird (Chicago)
- Sarah Rinkavage, Marisol (Chicago) and Jonathan Zaragoza, Birrieria Zaragoza (Chicago)
Unique collaborative dishes served exclusively at the Capital One Savor® Tastemaker Kitchen include:
- Shrimp Dumplings with Green Tomato Broth, Chimichurri and Corn Butter by Abe Conlon and Jason Hammel
- Venison Tartar, Shellfish Emulsion, Burnt Spices and Mustard Greens by Michael Hunter and Ryan Pfeiffer
- Sweet Corn with Baby Squid, Melon and Huitlacoche by Sarah Rinkavage and Jonathan Zaragoza
Tastemaker Chicago presented by Capital One has also partnered with the Hatchery, Chicago’s premier food business incubator. This will see them curate a selection of the city’s most exciting culinary entrepreneurs to showcase innovation taking place in the city through their food and drink.
Year Around Event (2018)
Revel Fulton Market
1215 W Fulton Market Chicago IL 60607