Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
Not a subscriber to our Hotness In The News daily newsletter? Sign up here
HEADLINE – Tuesday Aug. 21
Mollie Tibbetts. The remains of the 20 year-old University of Iowa student has been found after being missing for almost five weeks with authorities and families pleading for her return. Tibbetts went for a night jog while staying alone at her boyfriend’s place in Brooklyn, Iowa. Recently authorities had indicated that her abductor was hiding in plain sight. Right now there’s not much information on the discovery and any suspects. There will be a press conference held today at 4pm CST for more updates. Story developing….Read more
• Is the president afraid of Robert Mueller’s supposed perjury trap? Since Paul Manafort’s trial concluded and jury began deliberating, there’s been a lot of chatter surrounding the Special Counsel’s investigation White House Counsel Don McGhan’s meeting and President Trump meeting with Mueller. The man who served as White House counsel during Watergate told CNN that hite House Counsel Don McGahn’s cooperation with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation represents a “real problem” for President Donald Trump.
• In Chicago news: The blame game is still being played when it comes to the violence in Chicago. CPD Supe Eddie Johnson said during Monday’s press conference “the individuals pulling the trigger can continue to do it because they are getting away with it.” Two teenagers, 16 and 17 year old, who had been reported missing were found shot to death in a field on East 131st Street. Is it Indiana’s lax gun laws? Is it drugs? Is it gangs? There’s a lot of fingers to be pointed but residents of the areas are seeking solutions from those in charge. While in Chicago for his show, Drake surprised a fan of his at Lurie Children’s Hospital on Monday. The eleven year old who is awaiting a heart transplant, shared her “In my feelings” challenge video while she was recovering from open heart surgery. Millennial loved beauty brand Glossier will open a pop-up shop in Chicago’s West Loop starting Aug. 23. The pop-up retail experience located at 14 Aberdeen St., will be here until end of October.
• The AP top 25 preseason poll of the best college football teams in the country has been released. Alabama takes the top spot once again, for three straight seasons as the Nick Saban led Crimson Tide gets ready to defend their National Championship title this year. The other teams making the top five are: Clemson (No.2), Georgia, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Speaking of The Ohio State University, head coach Urban Meyer’s fate with the school and program could be determined at Wednesday’s meeting of OSU trustees.
• The MTV VMA’s had a lil bit of mixing the new with the nostalgic Monday night. Cardi B was one of the red carpet fashion winners of the night as she stepped out in a purple dress and short wig. Madonna ME-Donna decided to pay R-E-S-P-I-C-T (that’s an Al Sharpton joke) to the recently deceased queen of should but she made it mainly about Madonna, Madonna, Madonna! Jlo the 2018 Vanguard award recipient’s performance for her evening was spectacular.
• Jennifer Garner joined by her three kids, sisters, parents, Judy Greer, Steve Carrell, Bryan Cranston, received her star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame Monday. Her ex Benn Affleck who’s love life is making headlines for dating a young playboy model was not in attendance.
• Tired of your guy or your guy friends always borrowing your favorite foundation or eye pencil? Worry not as Chanel is set to launch its first first make-up line for men. The three item collection consisting of an eyebrow pencil, a foundation and a matt lip balm will initially debut in South Korea starting September 1 before a global roll out in November.
“Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.”― John D. Rockefeller
LOOK OF THE DAY
*Featured image credit: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage via E! online
Want to receive this post in your inbox every morning? Sign up here.
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.