Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
Not a subscriber to our Hotness In The News daily newsletter? Sign up here
HEADLINE – Tuesday Aug. 14
OMAROSA vs TRUMP. The White House is fighting back, hard against claims by former senior White House advisor Omarosa Manigault Newman as she continues the press tour to promote her new book “Unhinged: An Insider’s Account of the Trump White House.” President Trump took to twitter to bash the one time The Apprentice contestant who is receiving the ire of the president after noting he used the N-word and not being fit for office. Trump tweeted this morning “When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out,” “Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!” This might be because Omarosa was on MSNBC’s Chris Matthew show where she said she would cooperate with Special Counsel Robert Mueller if she is contacted again. Trump has also inadvertently confirmed White House aides signed non-disclosure agreements. Wheeeew chile the betrayal…..Read more
• Like a scene from an apocalypse action film but this was IRL and there are casualties. A bridge in Genoa, Italy collapsed, and so far at least 22 deaths have been reported. A section of the bridge crashed down from a height of about 50 meters over a river and some railroad tracks and buildings.
• In Chicago news: Reps for Aloha Poke are claiming there’s been a misunderstanding in their trademark of the words Aloha and Poke. There was a demonstration at their HQ located here in Chicago with activists protesting the company that sent cease and desist letters to Hawaiian-owned shops that had the words “aloha” and “poke” in their names. Authorities are apologizing after the bait and switch stunt in Englewood caused national backlash and alleged CPD of entrapment. The Norfolk Southern Railway which planned the operation as an effort to deter ongoing theft in the area. Relation between residents on the south side and police has not been the greatest and this action could cause further unease. The owner of a Dance studio accused of raping two teenage students and filming at least one attack, has been denied bail as word comes there might be more victims.
• Remember the story of the man, Vincent Viafore, who drowned in his kayak in the Hudson River and his fiancé Angelika Graswald who allegedly pulled the drain plug was charged with his death? Well she pleaded guilty to negligent homicide and was sentenced to up to four years in prison though released from prison in December and now she’s won a portion of his $1,000,000 life insurance payout.
• Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s divorce proceedings is not tightly under wraps as one party would hope and Pitt thinks its “terrible for the kids.” The Blast reports that Angelina’s new team, after parting ways with disso queen Laura Wasser, have put on “full court press” in the media and made everything from their once private negotiations over custody and child support, public.
• Book publisher, Rodale, is pulling a wellness blogger’s cookbook after several criticism and concerns for the recipes in “Tales of a Forager’s Kitchen” which was released in May as “fellow foragers branded the book ‘dangerous’ for advising readers to use potentially-poisonous raw ingredients.” One of the recipes by blogger Johnna Holmfren calls for one to dip raw morel mushroom in dark chocolate.
• Serena Williams will be sporting Nike x Virgil Abloh collab pieces for the US Open which begins on August 27. “The Queen Collection,” line will includes a performance tennis dress available in black and white colourways, a bag, a jacket and three sneaker styles. The decision on whether to accept or reject Randa’s bid for the Perry Ellis brand should come soon.
“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”― Mary Kay Ash
LOOK OF THE DAY
*Featured image credit: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage via E! online
Want to receive this post in your inbox every morning? Sign up here.
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.