Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
Not a subscriber to our Hotness In The News daily newsletter? Sign up here
HEADLINER – Friday April 6
China vs US. A new set of tariffs against China to the tune of $100 billion might be in the works as the country vows to use “any measure” against the US at any cost as a trade war looms over tariffs. This as president Trump’s war of words against Amazon continues. The President has also noted he might not be attending the annual White House Correspondents Dinner…..Read more
• In Chicago news: Could City Council vote to allow a board that can fire Chicago police officers? An upcoming meeting could decide. I’m sure we’ve all had some interesting workplace stories but can yours stand up to the one about the CFD paramedic who “masturbated repeatedly in and around a South Side firehouse in full view of co-workers”. The unnamed paramedic has been placed on paid administrative leave. Robert Feder’s on the media beat about a new Suntimes cooking show with a familiar TV face. Meet these four high schoo students who are pursuing their passion for the arts and amassing accolades and scholarships in the process. You can make a difference in the lives of these students by attending the schools upcoming fundraiser or donating.
• Facebook is still feeling the Cambridge Analytica heat and it doesn’t look like things are going to cool down for a while. After the company admitted that as many as 87 million FB user’s (or more) data were harvested by Cambridge Analytica, which was allegedly used to influence the 2016 election, its now trying to at least protect the privacy of founder Mark Zuckerberg. A report from Techcrunch notes Facebook confirmed to the site that FB did delete messages sent by Mark Zuckerberg using Facebook Messenger to other FB users. FB COO Sheryl Sandberg has been making the media rounds and spoke with The Today show. Sandberg hinted that should users want a higher level opt out of being profiled for targeted ads, that might be a paid product.
• The highly anticipated debut album from Cardi B dropped at midnight. Titled Invasion of Privacy, the rumored to be almost 7 months pregnant rapper hosted a media listening party in NYC Thursday night. The album boasts 13 tracks with features from Chance The Rapper, Kehlani, SZA, 21 Savage, Migos, J Balvin.
• The trailer for the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Lifetime movie, Harry and Meghan: A Royal Romance, was released Thursday and its as cheese as you probably imagined. Murray Fraser as Prince Harry and Parisa Fitz-Henley as Markle. Speaking of the royal couple, they were spotted in matchy matchy as they met with Invictus Games athletes.
• The first Karl Lagerfeld store in the US will open in New York’s SoHo neighborhood this weekend. Cartier hosted a Bold & Fearless celebration to fete the launch of the Santos de Cartier watch in San Francisco Thursday night with attendees including Lisa Bonet and Jason Mamoa, Lily Collins, Elle mag EIC Nina Garcia Liev Schreiber, Winnie Harlow, Sienna Miller, Idris Elba and fiance Sabrina Dhowre, Jake Gyllenhaal, Nas, W Magazine EIC Stefano Tonchi to name a few. This past week Lagos, Nigeria hosted Arise Fashion Week in which Naomi Campbell and Iman Haaman attended and walked a few shows, check out some of the stylish guests and pics captured. Who is Manuel Mendez? Up until yesterday’s interview, to some an employee of Beyonce’s Parkwood Entertainment and now to many, Blue Ivy’s stylist and personal shopper.
“No matter how bad it is…or how bad it gets…I’m going to make it.”― Les Brown
LOOK OF THE DAY
Lily Collins in Ralph & Russo
*Featured image credit: via US Weekly
Want to receive this post in your inbox every morning? Sign up here.
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.