Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
Not a subscriber to our Hotness In The News daily newsletter? Sign up here
HEADLINER – Tuesday April 3
2018 NCAA Men’s Champion. Villanova came out on top Monday night as the 2018 NCAA Men’s basketball champions beating University of Michigan 79-62. This is ‘Nova’s second title in three years with Donte DiVincenzo on fire most of the game where he scored 31 points. On the Women’s side, Notre Dame beat Mississippi State, 61-58, to take home the 2018 NCAA Women’s Basketball championship on Sunday. Arike Ogunbowale hit the game winning three point shot with 0.1 seconds left. Ogunbowale’s jumper shot with one second left in overtime, knocked off previously unbeaten UCONN Friday….Read more
• London’s murder rate has eclipsed New York City’s for the first time as the UK capital saw more murders than NYC in February. A seventeen year old girl with a gunshot wound was one of the latest victims. London’s police force has launched 47 murder investigations in 2018 so far.
• In Chicago news: Former CPD detective Reynaldo Guevara, who is now retired has had two lawsuits filed against him by two men who were imprisoned for more than 20 years for crimes they did not commit. Lawyers helping with their cases say Guevara, along with those other officers, framed several people back in the 90s and some still remain behind bars. There are now 2 deaths and 56 hospitalizations reported in the synthetic marijuana crisis plaguing some parts of the Chicago area and Illinois. Model Karlie Kloss, who is the newest Porter magazine cover star will be bringing four Kode With Klossy camps to the Chicago area this summer for girls between the ages of 13 and 18. Pink Taco is now open in Chicago.
•According to a new directive from the Justice Dept., U.S. immigration judges will be pressured to process cases faster by establishing a quota system, clearing at least 700 cases a year to receive a “satisfactory” performance rating, tied to their annual performance review.
• Jenna Dewan Tatum and Channing Tatum announced they are separating in a shock split announcement posted on Instagram Monday. The couple, married in 2009 after meeting in 2006 on the set of Step Up, have a four-year-old daughter Everly. In the statement, which started off “We have something we would like to share” indicates the decision to separate was “made lovingly” and there were no secrets nor salacious events at the root of their decision. PageSix notes that Jenna Dewan was spotted at the Vanity Fair Oscar party attending with her friends and not Channing.
• MAC Cosmetics announced the launch date for the upcoming #AaliyahforMac collaboration. Some of the products that will be part of the collection, which will drop in store June 20 and online June 21, so far are nine-piece eye shadow palette and a nude lipstick.
• Aquazzura, the luxury footwear line loved by many fashion “IT” girls announced they are launching a men’s line. During an opening ceremony of its Dubai flagship, Aquazzura founder Edgardo Osorio revealed to WWD that he aims to launch a men’s line within the next 18 months plus plans for a more “lifestyle-oriented project” is also in the works. Recently, Berluti an LVMH company confirmed Haider Ackermann’s exit after only 3 seasons as its artistic director and now they’ve announced Kris Van Assche, the former Dior Homme creative director, as Berluti’s new artistic director heading shoes, leather goods, ready-to-wear and accessories collections. He will present his first collection for Berluti in January 2019. Is Anna Wintour exiting Vogue by this summer? There’s heavy rumour the long time Vogue Editor in Chief and Condé Nast Artistic Director since 2013 will be exiting the fashion bible this summer after the July wedding of her daughter. Conde Nast has denied the report. Finally, Amsale Aberra, the founder of bridal wear label Amsale, passed away Sunday of uterine cancer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York.
“Surround yourself only with those who will lift you higher.”― Oprah Winfrey
LOOK OF THE DAY
Emily Blunt and John Krasinski at A Quiet Place NYC premiere
*Featured image credit: via US Weekly
Want to receive this post in your inbox every morning? Sign up here.
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.