Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
HEADLINER – Tuesday March 13
Tillerson Is OUT!! Former Exxon Mobil CEO who was named US Secretary of State in 2017, Rex Tillerson is out to be replaced by CIA chief Mike Pompeo. You’ll remember a few months back there had been speculation and heavy whispers that Trump was looking into ousting Tillerson amidst clashes and tension where at one point Tillerson allegedly called him a “moron.” Tillerson was fired on Tuesday after a series of public rifts over issues including North Korea and Russia. CIA’s deputy director, Gina Haspel, to replace Pompeo at the intelligence agency. Trump reportedly fired Tillerson as he landed from his trip to Africa last week which was cut short. Trump’s longtime personal assistant John McEntee has also been fired…Read more
• The manhunt is on for the person or people responsible for sending mystery packages that were actually rigged with bombs. A 17-year-old student, Draylen Mason, and 39-year-old Anthony Stephan House died Monday after a package that was left outside their home was taken inside and exploded in the kitchen. This is being linked to other incidents, one that happened a few hours after on Monday and another incident on March 2.
• In Chicago news: Monday, Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises (LEYE) announced their upcoming $50 million riverside project that will consist of 2 restaurants opening next year along the Chicago River. Bill and Giuliana Rancic further expanding their RPM deal with LEYE will open RPM on the Water plus an unnamed casual cafe or wine bar will also be part of the project. Chicago is still a hotbed for Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s Sinaloa Cartel which has filtered millions of dollars through drop sites in Chicago, ABC7’s i-team investigation. Jake Arrieta is no longer a Chicago Cub after signing with the Phillies but he showed his appreciation for his time in the city with a love letter to Chicago thanking all Cubs fans around the world. In other Chicago sports news, Ryan Pace the Chicago Bears GM is putting stock in free agent WR Allen Robinson who will reportedly be paid as much as $42 million over three years, with $25 million guaranteed. Deal will be official on Wednesday when the NFL free agency period opens. Good Day Chicago has a new (seasoned) anchor, Anthony Ponce.
• Did Russia do it? British Prime Minister Theresa May said it was ‘highly likely’ Russia was involved in the ‘reckless and despicable’ poisoning of 66-year-old Sergei Skripal and his 33-year-old daughter, Yulia and that the substance used was a ‘military grade’ nerve agent Russia has produced. Britain’s Home Secretary Amber Rudd said on Tuesday that the investigation into the poisoning of a former Russian spy in Britain is going well. When asked about it, Russian President Vladimir Putin simply smiled at a reporter.
• In Kardashian/Jenner/West family news, Kim K West covers the April issue of Elle magazine. Khloe Kardashian, mom to be, has teased new wares from her Good American line which might be maternity jeans dropping Thursday March 15. New mom Kylie Jenner picked up her $1.4 million push present a Ferrari La Ferrari, no word if she bought it for herself, her baby daddy Travis Scott or what but mama Kris is shutting down rumors that Kylie’s former boyfriend Tyga is seeing a paternity test for baby Stormi. Kanye is in Jackson Hole with some music friends and producers, according to TMZ.
• Is Bruno Mars guilty of cultural appropriation? This same claim came up after he took home award at the Grammys and a recent viral video from activist Seren Sensei has put the conversation in the spotlight, again. Mars, who was born in Honolulu to a half-Puerto Rican and half-Ashkenazi Jewish father and a Filipino mother has always talked about his musical inspiration and never tried to misuse other cultures. He had artists come to his defense as well. I think he creates fun music, not sure if appropriation falls under that category but there are several artists we can certainly, strongly look at who do culturally appropriate.
• Never mind that Selena Gomez might be on a break with on again off again beau Justin Bieber, the actress singer’s successful handbag and accessories collab with coach is extending her relationship to include ready to wear. The Coach x Selena Gomez, her first RTW collaboration designed by Gomez in collaboration with Coach Creative Director Stuart Vevers, will launch this fall. The new collection will feature a range of outerwear, ready-to-wear, handbags, small leather goods and other accessories In other fashion news,Rebecca Minkoff is partnering with Cosmopolitan magazine in a new initiative called #VoteTwice to encourage young women to vote in the primaries.
“Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine. ”― Jack Ma
LOOK OF THE DAY
Kate Bosworth in Christopher Kane dress
*Featured image credit: via AP
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.