Today’s 7 after 7 for top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
HEADLINER – Thursday March 8
Tariff Order. President Trump is expected to sign a proclamation imposing 25% tariffs on steel imports and 10% on aluminum, one that’s received backlash from the global business community. Trump tweeted about a meeting to take place later today. The president has indicated he would show great flexibility and cooperation toward the United States’ “real friends” like Canada and Mexico – fellow signatories of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). WSJ also profiles Peter Navarro, the presidents trade guru who is behind the tariffs order and rival of outgoing National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn. Eleven nations, excluding the US, are set to sign The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) which will reduce tariffs in countries that together amount to more than 13 percent of the global economy….Read more
• A researcher is claiming that bones found on a remote island may belong to long lost pilot Amelia Earhart. Bones found on a remote island in the South Pacific in 1940 that were originally thought to belong to a man are now being considered as Earhart’s, according to the study “Amelia Earhart and the Nikumaroro Bones” authored by Richard L. Jantz, a professor for University of Tennessee’s Department of Anthropology.
• In Chicago news: A man that was staying at the Conrad hotel was robbed inside his hotel room early Thursday. The 47-year-old victim said a man and woman knocked the door of his hotel room at around 1:33 a.m and when he answered, the duo entered the room and showed him a can of mace, announcing a robbery, according to NBC report. Benjamin Thomas Wolf, dubbed the ‘Canabis Candidate’ who is running for the 5th Congressional District inflated his resume and was accused of abuse. Wolf has been accused by a former girlfriend and two former associates of abusive behavior and his role with the FBI was as a support staffer.
• Today is International Women’s Day and celebrations are taking place all over the country with brands honoring women. McDonald’s is turning its golden M arches upside down for #IWD2018. Gucci unveiled their International Women’s Day campaign in an initiative for Chime For Change by poet Cleo Wade.
• The New York Police Department revealed they have enough evidence to arrest disgraced media mogul Harvey Weinstein who is being investigated for felony sexual assault but its up to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.
• Meghan Markle was baptized into the Church of England in a secret ceremony that took place at the Chapel Royal on Tuesday evening. Some reports are stating that Meghan’s parents were in attendance formally introduces her into the Anglican faith ahead of her wedding to Harry in May. the Archbishop of Canterbury conducted the 45-minute service ceremony.
• Opening Ceremony’s Spring 2018 collection presentation at Disneyland took place Wednesday night. The collection is a nod to Mickey’s “Utopian spirit” and “1970s optimism.” Goop’s first guest on their new podcast is none other than Oprah Winfrey. The media mogul talked about #MeToo movement, Harvey Weinstein, and why she stopped making as many public appearances with Stedman.
“Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness. ”― Oprah Winfrey
LOOK OF THE DAY
Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham
*Featured image credit: via TMZ
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.