Today’s top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the 7 after 7 ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
image credit: AP
HEADLINER – Oct. 26
JFK CLASSIFIEDS. The remaining JFK assassination documents will be released today (Thursday) barring any last minute interventions. President John F Kennedy was shot Nov. 22 1963 by Lee Harvey Oswald a former marine who had traveled to Mexico City to meet with Cuban and Soviet officials 2 months before the shooting. Reports indicate that these files may not contain new information that will steer away from the initial assessment that Oswald, who was himself shot at Dallas police HQ by nightclub owner Jack Ruby on Nov. 24 1963, acted as a lone gunman….Read more
• Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is backing the extension of OPEC production cuts beyond March 2018 on the heels of announcing plans to build a megacity that may cost upwards of $500 billion. According to Bloomberg, if the extension is confirmed at OPEC’s meeting next month, it may boost oil prices, improving the fortunes of the global energy industry and oil-dependent countries from Nigeria to Brazil. The mega city will be called “NEOM,” and will operate independently from the “existing governmental framework” with investors consulted at every step during development. The project will be backed by more than $500 billion from the Saudi government.
• In Chicago news: The presentation City of Chicago officials will make to Amazon reps to make the case for them to bring HQ2 here, was previewed to aldermen whose wards included potential sites for Amazon. The city has also tapped William Shatner, who played Capt. Kirk on Star Trek, to narrate and World Business Chicago, which recently announced Andrea Zopp as CEO, will pick up the tab. Did you hear about Amazon’s new service called Amazon Key, it sounds like an SNL sketch but its totally real. The lady who yelled racial slurs at a black couple last year during margarita fest event has been sentenced to 90 days in jail with 1 year probation. Video of an armed carjacking in the Chinatown neighborhood of Chicago has surfaced. It shows the moment 4 armed men got out of an SUV and approached a young man and woman, 22-year-old and 26-year-old respectively.
• A Kansas City attorney, 39-year-old Tom Pickert, was shot dead Wednesday morning a week after court officials started the process of executing a $5.75 million lawsuit judgment Pickert won this summer against a businessman who had shot a homeless man on his property. Police responded to a call just after 8am on Wednesday by the victim’s wife. At this time the businessman has not been named a suspect though his home and businesses are being searched and a van similar to the one belonging to him was spotted at the crime scene.
• Tamar Braxton, the singer who is also the little sister of Toni Braxton, is filing for divorce from her husband Vince Herbert though Season 5 of their show is set to return. Rumors of their marriage being on the rocks has surfaced for sometime now but they’ve always downplayed it via social media. She is requesting sole custody of their son Logan. Tamar and Vince have also had some public financial hiccups including some missed payments for their Calabasas mansion which is now on the market for $15M.
• Many major celebs including Madonna, Diddy, Amy Schumer, Helena Christensen, Karen Elson, Owen Wilson, Red Hot Chili Peppers members Anthony Kiedis and Flea, Alicia Keys, Chris Rock, Dakota Johnson, Elon Musk are all ‘gramming from Rio de Janeiro Brazil and you’re probably wondering why? Superstar manager, producer and tech investor Guy Oseary renewed his marriage to model Michelle Alves at a ceremony held at the bottom of Christ The Redeemer statue.
• Vogue hosted the 2017 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund party at Chateau Marmot in Los Angeles Wednesday. Celebs such as Tracee Ellis Ross, Zendaya, Tom Ford, Preston and Kaia Gerber,Rodarte sisters, Cameron Dallas were on hand to view collections from the 10 up-and-coming finalist designers who are competing for $400,000 and mentorship from CFDA members and Vogue editors. The winner will be announced next month in NYC. You were probably wondering about the Costume Council at the Chicago History Museum’s 1st ever President’s Circle Honors luncheon honoring Marchesa Wednesday; no Georgina Chapman did not show up.
“Life is tough, my darling, but so are you. ”― Stephanie Bennett-Henry
LOOK OF THE DAY
Zendaya Coleman in Teresa Helbig
image via Vogue
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
featured image credit: The Economist