Today’s top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the 7 after 7 ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
HEADLINER – Oct. 13
GO CUBS GO! What a game. In the 9th inning, the Chicago Cubs managed to retain the lead and beat the Washington Nationals 9-8 to advance on the road to the World Series; they face the Dodgers in a best of 7 series. Some sports analysts will say a blown call in the 5th inning might have cost the Nationals and swung the game in favor of the Chicago Cubs but blown call or not, the League Championship series play begins Saturday in Los Angeles, airing on TBS. Game 3 and 4 will be in Wrigley Field Oct. 17 & 18 #FlyTheW
• The executive order signed by the president Thursday (which he actually nearly forgot to sign lol) is already receiving a lot of backlash. Since the GOPers couldn’t pass a proper repeal and replace of Obamacare, the prez now says his exec order will allow them to make a healthcare deal with the Dems. According to news reports, this order will cut off Obamacare subsidies to health insurance companies for low-income patients and state attorneys general in New York and California have already threatened to file lawsuits. The White House statement released Thursday said “the Department of Health and Human Services has concluded that there is no appropriation for cost-sharing reduction payments to insurance companies under Obamacare. In light of this analysis, the Government cannot lawfully make the cost-sharing reduction payments.”
• In Chicago news: Prince Harry is coming to town. He will visit Chicago on Oct. 31 for the inaugural summit of the Obama Foundation. According to the announcement, “During the Chicago visit, Harry will discuss the power of youth leadership to lead change at a local and global level. In particular, he’ll address his work with the Full Effect project, an initiative in Nottingham in the U.K. that aims to open up opportunities for young people.”
• Facebook is getting in the food delivery biz as well but with a twist. Instead of competing with the likes of Doordash Delivery.com, Facebook is partnering with them and a few restaurants including Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Five Guys and Papa John’s to allow FB users to order food. Where is the app to easily tone up after that food baby one will inevitably get??
• Dad bods are so 2016 and Kim Kardashian wants her husband Kanye to lose his recently acquired dad bod, according to a new article by The Sun.
• The Harvey Weinstein sexual allegations and scandal is not going away anytime soon even if he was fired from the company he co-founded which actually turns out in his The Weinstein Company contract, he had a clause that as long as he paid back the company’s payout. Actress Rose McGowan who was one of the people that spoke up about his predatory acts, was suspended from twitter and some famous faces are now standing behind her. She has since resumed tweeting indicating that an Amazon studio exec was notified of Weinstein’s sexual misconducts. Weinstein himself arrived in Arizona and was spotted having dinner with friends before he is set to check in to a rehab facility in Scottsdale. Meanwhile, his wife Georgina Chapman of Marchesa, is rumored to be shopping for a divorce lawyer. No word yet if she will be in attendance for the Chicago History Museum fashion council’s event Oct. 25 honoring Marchesa.
• The Vogue magazine hosted Forces of Fashion Conference was the hottest ticket in NYC fashion Thursday. Rihanna, Victoria Beckham, Virgil Abloh, Instagram’s Kevin Systrom, John Galliano, Marc Jacobs, Demna Gvasalia, Stella McCartney and many more were part of the first of its kind fashion gathering of the minds. Rihanna’s Fenty beauty collection’s ‘Galaxy Collection’ drops today. In other fashion news, Hyatt heir Adam Pritzker is making a name for himself in the fashion world with his holding company “Assembled Brands.’ Lastly, Arthur Cinader, the founder of J Crew died at the age of 90.
“You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.”― Sophia Loren
LOOK OF THE DAY
Rihanna in Tom Ford Spring 2018
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.