Today’s top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the 7 after 7 ‘Hotness In The News‘ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
HEADLINER – Oct. 10
CA Wildfires. The wildfire ravaging California’s wine country now has 10 people dead and has torched 107,000 acres across the northern part of the state. According to reports, 17 large wildfires have destroyed 1,500 homes and commercial buildings across several Northern California counties and sent more than 20,000 people fleeing for safety. 150 people have been reported missing….Read more
• The Joffrey Ballet will premiere Giselle on Oct 19. In preparation for the anticipated premiere, over 300 ladies who lunch gathered at the Loews hotel Oct. 2. Here’s the recap and pictures.
• In Chicago news: The Chicago Cubs pulled out a W in Wrigley Field Monday night beating the Washington Nationals 2-1 which leaves them one more game to advance. Game 4 of the NLDS starts at 4:38 p.m. today (Tuesday) at Wrigley Field. The Bears did not fare well in rookie QB Mitch Trubisky’s first pro start. The Minnesota Vikings beat the Bears 20-17 in the 4th quarter when Trubisky’s pass was intercepted. Is President Obama’s money man E. “Robbie” Robinson Jr. done with Chicago? Word on the net is he’s packed up his family to move out west even though it was reported earlier he would step away from Chicago investment titan BDT for just a year, until January. Lastly, according to the Tribune, Facebook is making a big expansion in Chicago, where it’s adding enough office space to accommodate hundreds of new employees.
• A Texas Tech University police officer has been shot dead by a suspected student. After a student “welfare check” led campus officers to said suspect, Hollis A. Daniels, room and they found drugs and drug paraphernalia, prompting the officers to take the student to the station. That’s when he pulled a gun on the officer and ripped off his body camera.
• Apparently, former president Bill Clinton is not on speaking terms with his wife 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and its over her new book What Happened. PageSix reports that Bill Clinton tossed his copy in the trash can and is heartsick over his wife’s current blame-game book tour.
• ESPN personality Jemele Hill has been suspended for two weeks by the network over a series of tweets she posted aimed at Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones stance on athletes kneeling; ESPN stated it was her “second violation of our social media guidelines.” The ongoing kneeling during the national anthem controversy which president Trump equated to disrespecting the flag began as a form of bringing attention to the police brutality against unharmed black men being killed. Trump took to twitter this AM to address it further. Mike Ditka, the former Bears coach added his two cents to the conversation stating he has not been aware of any oppression in the last 100 years. When will the presidential tweets and attacks stop?
• Actress Tracee Ellis Ross announced she is launching a limited edition holiday collection with JCPenny that will be available starting Nov. 12. Designer Donna Karan in sticking up for friend Harvey Weinstein amidst his sexual misconduct allegations, has had to apologize for one of her statements. At an event Sunday night she said, some women are asking for “trouble” by the way they dress and “presenting themselves the way they do.” Now she’s released a statement that “her remarks were taken out of context and don’t represent her feelings.” Marni Senofonte, stylist to Beyonce talks about how they collaborate on looks for videos and more.
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”― Dale Carnegie
LOOK OF THE DAY
Blac Chyna and Gucci Mane’s fiancée Keyshia Ka’oir @ BET hip Hop awards airing tonight
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.