Today’s top news, fashion and entertainment headlines. Here are the 7 after 7 ‘Hotness In The News’ stories to know today and make small talk, better.
SELF CARE. Yesterday’s news of the Las Vegas mass shooting coupled with all the natural disaster deaths and more in the headlines lately can take a toll on one’s emotional stability. Many have shared that yesterday’s news did not sit well with them and psychology today states “traumas create long-term distress not only through the neurobiological effects of experiencing a threat to life but also because they shatter our assumptions about the world” There are ways to cope with the emotional reactions…Read more
• The death toll in the Las Vegas massacre that took place Sunday evening as music fans attended the Route 91 harvest festival is now at 59 with many of those injured still hospitalized. President Trump addressed the nation in a somber speech Monday morning; he will visit Las Vegas Wednesday. Late night talk show hosts from Jimmy Kimmel, Trevor Noah, Jimmy Fallon, James Corden all touched upon the attack with Kimmel breaking down in tears and urging lawmakers to do something about gun laws. Authorities are searching for answers and motive(s) as details about the killer who had high-powered weapons, including 34 guns, emerge.
• In Chicago news, Bears coach John Fox is finally listening to fans by announcing that rookie Mitch Trubisky will be the starting quarterback for the football team, starting with next Monday night’s game against the Minnesota Vikings. Mike Glennon, the season starting QB, according to ESPN, turned the ball over four times (three in the first half) in the Bears’ 35-14 loss against Green Bay on Thursday. The highly publicized appearance by Kim Kardashian at this year’s Chicago Ideas Week will not go on as planned; Kardashian kanceled due to a scheduling conflict.
• President Trump is set to visit Puerto Rico today to survey the damage caused by hurricane Maria after a weekend tweetstorm attacking the mayor of San Juan. Celebs are doing their part in relief efforts. SkinnyGirl founder Bethenny Frankel chartered four planes filled with donations and supplies and is currently on the island. Ricky Martin along with Luis Fonsi, Ray Allen, Gloria Estefan are also on the ground in Puerto Rico. Chef José Andrés who was one of the first to arrive and offer relief is still on the island through his foundation World Central Kitchen.
• The cats out of the bag in terms of Snapchat’s big announcement scheduled for today. You see, the preferred social media platform for millennials and next gen-ers, is planning to announce the launch of its Augmented Reality (AR) Art platform today (Tuesday) to coincide with Snap CEO Evan Spiegel’s talk at Vanity Fair’s New Establishment Summit. According to TechCrunch, a recent hack of the countdown clock and a Youtube video gave it away. Basically, Snap is partnering with artist Jeff Koons for the launch and when users are nearby a piece of Snapchat ART, they’ll see a special Lens available in Chicago (Millennium Park), NYC, Paris, London, Los Angeles.
• Larry David IS related to Bernie Sanders after all. In the promo trailer for the upcoming fourth season of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates’ PBS show Finding Your Roots, Paul Rudd, Amy Schumer, Garrison Keillor, Aziz Ansari, filmmaker Ava DuVernay, author Ta-Nehisi Coates and Christopher Walken and many others all trace back their origins.
• Fashion Month for Sp/Su ’18 will conclude today at the last shows during PFW. Chanel sent down the runway what might be the next “it” boots; Louis Vuitton celebrated the opening of new Paris store at Place Vendôme, ahead of their show today. Thomas Browne, Miu Miu Moncler Gamme Rouge will also show.
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.”― Deepak Chopra
LOOK OF THE DAY
Rihanna in OFF White & fresh off the runway YSL boots
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.