What are some of the fashion & retail happenings going on in and around Chicago? We’ve got the scoop…
SPACE519 WAREHOUSE SALE
- space519 will host their 2nd Annual Warehouse sale from Friday Aug. 25 until Sunday August 27. The sale will include deeply-discounted styles from Veronica Beard, Derek Lam, Frame Denim, and more of the specially curated fashion pieces from Lance Lawson and Jim Wetzel’s independent lifestyle boutique, along with some furniture and art.
The space519 warehouse sale will take place at Madison Hall inside the (Chicago Athletic Association Hotel building) will have previous season women’s and men’s apparel and accessories marked from 60 to 90% off their original retail price.
Details: Friday, August 25 – Sunday, August 27: 10 AM – 5 PM
Madison Hall – 71 East Madison St. Fl 1 Chicago
LENA ROSE COSMIC COOKING
- Chicago’s first green beauty boutique and organic spa, Lena Rose, days after the once in a lifetime eclipse, will host their first ever Cosmic Cooking Night on Wednesday August 23! Using recipes from the Moon Juice Cookbook. Tickets for this event are $40. Purchase tickets HERE.
- ELOQUII, the online women’s fashion retailer for sizes 14-28, opened their second national store on Thursday August 17 in Chicago’s The Shops at North Bridge. The one year pop-up, inside a 4,600-square foot space, is the first stand-alone brick and mortar Chicago location for the brand.
- Shinola Detroit’s second Chicago brick and mortar store is now open in the Gold Coast. The Detroit HQed, luxury accessories company is taking over the old Scoop NYC space (1009 North Rush St.) in Chicago’s tony Gold Coast, steps from Oak Street. The store is double the size of the first Chicago outpost in Wicker Park and will carry both signatures items in their men’s and women’s collections as well as seasonal pieces and hosting in store events.
CHICAGO MEN’S FASHION AWARDS 2017
- George Kotsiopoulos will be in Chicago Tuesday August 22 for the the 2nd Chicago Men’s Fashion Awards presented by The Costume Council of the Chicago History Museum. Kotsiopoulos, a former host of E! Fashion police, will be serve as the celebrity guest judge and will make his final selections amongst categories such as law, architecture and design, sports, advertising and more. Chicago’s premier architect Helmut Jahn, will be recognized for his contributions to the costume collection of the Chicago History Museum. Individual tickets are $75. Visit chicagohistory.org/event/chicagomensfashionawards for more information.
Want to keep up with our latest coverage plus exclusive event invites? Click here to get this and more scene worthy items delivered to your inbox.
Follow us on Snapchat | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter