Here are the 7 news stories after 7 to know today to make small talk, better.
Theresa May. British Prime Minister May is calling for a June 8 early election in order to get backing for Brexit. The decision following a meeting of the cabinet, May stated “The country is coming together but Westminster is not.” To try and guarantee certainty and security for years ahead pertaining to Brexit legislation, the move was to hold this election…Read more
• As we continue to track #45 first 100 days in office, the first Easter Egg hunt by the new administration was held inviting over 21,000 guests. A new executive order emphasizing campaign promise to hire American will be signed today during a visit to the Snap-on tool company in Kenosha, Wis. This is to clamp down on hiring low wage foreign workers as well as a stricter adherence to laws that require the federal government to purchase American-made products whenever possible.
• Netflix is on track to clock 100million subscribers though in their Q1 report it was noted Q1 user gains fell short of estimates because there wasn’t a “House of Cards”-style hit to draw new viewers and retain others. HOC will return next quarter. Shares dipped then rose 1.4%. Speaking of HOC, Kevin Spacey will be honored in Chicago by the Siskel Film Center next month in conversation with Jeremy Piven.
• Here’s a look at the Harold’s chicken birthday cake presented to Chance The Rapper at his birthday party at Paris Club. Speaking of Chicago, two workers for the city of Chicago made headlines recently. In one instance, a Dept. of Planning and Development employee, who sent more than 50 sexually explicit emails during the workday from a city computer will receive 2 month suspension ONLY, even though said worker used city resources and email address to work a second job. The other instance, a Dept. of Transportation laborer who got drunk during a work day and crashed into parked cars at a city facility has been fired.
• New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony and wife Lala Anthony have separated and it might be due to infidelity. The shock announcement yesterday stated Lala has moved out of their marital residence. TMZ is reporting that Carmelo might have gotten a gentlemen’s club dancer pregnant and she is reportedly 6 months along.
• Yesterday the search warrant from the late Prince’s death was unsealed and whoa! According to reports, there were pills hidden and strewn all around his Paisley Park estate. Prescription for Oxycodone was put in Prince’s bodyguards’s name. It was also revealed he was in an intense relationship with former The Voice contestant Judith Hill. Prince died of accidental Fentanyl overdose, a synthetic drug 50 times more powerful than heroin.
• Naomi Campbell’s Fashion For Relief initiative is collaborating with Diesel on a line of t-shirts called Child At Heart. Speaking of fashion, word on wall street is that Bonobos is set to be acquired by Walmart for a reported $300M. Bonobos was co-founded by Andy Dunn and Brian Spaly(former Trunk Club); Dunn is also the co-founder of children’s boutique Monica & Andy.
“Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”― Charles Dickens
LOOK OF THE DAY
Tamron Hall @ Success Makers Summit 2017
|FORWARD TO FRIEND|
images credits: Mike Coppola/Getty Images; Instagram