Locker room talk! Last night’s debate town hall co-moderated by Anderson Cooper of CNN and ABC’s Martha Raddatz was something. Held at Washington University in St. Louis in front of undecided voters (not the Philadelphia suburban moms kind), the 2 presidential candidate were asked questions that ranged from energy crisis, Islamaphobia and more. Kenneth Bone with his fall ready red sweater was the true winner last night. Friday afternoon a bombshell hot mic tape of Donald Trump was released by Washington Post, in an act similar to something a 5th grader might pull, Trump brought 4 women who have accused Bill Clinton of sexual misdeeds and a rape victim in a case Hillary represented years ago. Trump insinuated he would lock Clinton up if he gets elected. Clinton failed to go in on the the tape opportunity. Trump’s arguments about Obamacare was correct but again no concrete feasible plans on what actual actions he would take. Melanie wore a Gucci pussy bow blouse to the debate. Martha Raddatz was the no nonsense time brigade. Pundits, following the debate, have been poring over how each candidate did…Read more
• Archbishop Blase Cupich is getting a promotion. The Archdiocese of Chicago leader of the 2.2 million Catholics in Cook and Lake counties, who replaced Cardinal Francis George in 2014, has been named a Cardinal by Pope Francis. The ceremnony will take place Nov. 19.
• A 4-year-old girl abducted in Florida was seen on surveillance tape in Tennessee with family friend West Wild Hogs, the alleged abductor. Police have issued Amber Alerts in 5 states and her parents are hoping to be reunited with her alive. .
• Haiti’s death toll from Hurricane Matthew has now reached over 900 as relief efforts begin and survivors mourn losses amidst fear of Cholera. The death toll in the US from Hurricane Matthew was far less than Haiti with 18 people reported dead.
• Stars turned out for 2 major galas over the weekend. The Hammer museum 14th annual gala saw the likes of Alessandra Ambrosio, Sarah Paulson, Amanda Peet; Jodie Foster, Alexandra Hedison, and Robert Soros served as co-chairs alongside Bottega Veneta Creative Director Tomas Maier. Celebrating its 30th anniversary the Carousel of Hope Gala which raised funds for childhood diabetes and emceed by Jay Leno, honored Sidney Poitier (Inspirational Lifetime Achievement Award), Jane Fonda, David Foster and Sherry Lansing (Brass Ring Award). Attendees at Carousel included Denzel Washington, Jaime Foxx, Anjelica Huston.
• Solange Knowles’ critically acclaimed new album, A Seat At The Table has earned her a #1 spot on the Billboard 200. She also sets the record as being one of only few artists that’s also has a sibling at #1 (her sister is Beyonce). Janet & Michael Jackson, Master P and Silkk the Shocker were the others. The album beat Bon Iver’s 22 Million for the #1 spot.
• Kenzo’s anticipated collaboration with Opening Ceremony released the lookbook for the collection that will be available next month fronted by a crew of creatives including Chance The Rapper.
“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” ― Barack Obama (#44)
LOOK OF THE DAY
Alessandra Ambrosio in Bottega Veneta
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and tell us.
photo credit: Rex