The Shops at 900 celebrated the launch of their ‘I Am Chicago’ campaign with a launch party as guests enjoyed a sunny summer with cocktails and appetizers over Lake Michigan.
After an extensive casting call to find local Chicagoans who represent the city and are making a difference in their community, the final fourteen were selected.
· Valerie Groth, Life Coach & Founder of the first boarding school in Chicago for inner city youth
· Dominick Mondi & Donna Hall, Dominick is the President at Mesirow Financial and Donna is the Owner of DMID, an interior design firm
· Michelle Harris, Director of Entertainment at Chicago Bulls
· Kimberly Evetts, Luxury Realtor
· Trevor Heffernan, CEO of Chicago Helicopter Experience
· Carrie Meghie, Co- President of Becker Ventures, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel & Founder of Jackson Chance Foundation
· Michael Tyler, author of “The Skin You Live In”, a children’s book published by the “Chicago Children’s Museum”
· Kat V, Musician, plays the electric violin
· Bella and Charlie, father-daughter duo whose family has been in the public service for generations. Charlie is currently the Deputy District at Chicago Fire Department
· Saudia Davis, Founder of Smarty Pants Are Leaders – teaches leadership skills through art and gardening to children in underserved urban environments
· April Strong, Sales & Make-up artist, and former Miss Chicago
· Justin Jacobson, Owner of Platinum events
The campaign will run through 2018 and with 2-3 Chicagoans unveiled per season. Kicking it off will be Valerie Groth, founder of Ryan Banks Academy (a nonprofit building the first boarding school for urban youth in Chicago) and Dominick Mondi and Donna Hall (Dominick is the President of Capital Markets for Mesirow Financial. Donna is the owner of Donna Mondi Interior Design).
The party continued at LondonHouse Chicago on their rooftop lounge with cocktails and breathtaking city views.
Photo credit: Rubin Roche