Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
Dylan Noble. The unarmed teen was shot four times by Fresno police officers on June 25, now the police department’s chief Jerry Dyer has released body-camera footage of the fatal shooting hoping it would clarify what led officers to stop Noble and eventually open fire. Though it turned out he didn’t have a weapon, he was reaching for something in his back pocket which officers thought was a weapon. They are awaiting the conclusion of an internal probe as well as an investigation by the Fresno County district attorney’s office…Read more
• The ESPY’s at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles last night honored some of the best athletes and sport moments. New Bulls Dwyane Wade along with Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James and Chris Paul opened the show encouraging athletes to take a stand against racial profilings and change in the system of shoot to kill mentality. Winners of the night included Lebron James (Best male athlete), Seattle Storms Breanna Stewart (Best female athlete), Pat Tillman Award for Service went to Elizabeth Marks and Chicago Cubs’ Jake Arrieta was named Best Breakthrough Athlete. Caitlyn Jenner who received the Arthur Ashe award last year was styled by daughter Kim Kardashian in a custom Michael Costello dress with elongated fluted sleeves.
• Some of the cast of Hamilton’s Chicago run were announced and they include Tony Award-winning actress Karen Olivo who will play Angelica Schuyler, former “American Idol” contestant Ari Afsar who will play Eliza Hamilton and Miguel Cervantes will play the title role of Alexander Hamilton. Curtain raises Sept. 27.
• Gwyneth Paltrow has tapped Anne Hathaway, Drew Barrymore and Lena Dunham for Goop’s third annual celebrity closet sale in which all proceeds from the sale will benefit DonorsChoose and Children’s Rights.” Items on the block will range from designers such as Givenchy, Céline, Alexander McQueen and Valentino, to ready-to-wear brands Sass & Bide, ALC and Tory Burch. Prices range from $35 for an H&M skirt to $2,500 for a black Valentino military-style coat with stars for buttons from Paltrow’s closet.”
• When we’re not out catching Pokemon, subject turns to Taylor Swift and it seems her ex Calvin Harris needed to get some things off his chest concerning his new hit song “What you Came For” which Swift wrote under the pseudonym Nils Sodberg. He also hinted at Swift’s feud with Katy Perry and then the #TaylorSwiftIsOver was born.
• Moncler fêted their capsule collection with Virgil Abloh, Moncler O, Tuesday at their SoHo store during New York Fashion Week: Men’s. The capsule collection which will be available in August, includes luxury fisherman yellow puffers, fuzzy hoodies and rubberized parkas. Chicago native Abloh’s OFF White brand of luxury streetwear has been a hit with the fashion crowd.
• The new Style.com is coming in September and it will be a shopping destination. It was shut down last year then re-imagined as Vogue Runway and now under the direction of Fashion Director Yasmin Sewell, it will show their bold, playful approach to style, with teaser campaigns counting down the launch.
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us.