Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
Orlando Mass Shooting Updates. Some more information about the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando is been revealed. A report stated that the shooter was a known regular at the gay nightclub and his first wife, who divorced him due to his constant physical abuse, corroborated the story. The names and faces of the victims have now been revealed, some with Chicago connections. The motive behind the killing is not yet known, though the shooter did go on a wild shooting practice two days before he gunned down innocent lives. Some of the victims sent texts and snap chats before they were gunned down. There is also an investigation into why it took three hours for SWAT teams to rush into the nightclub and that they may have shot some of the victims. Vigils took place in different parts of the country and a gofundme has raised over $2 million for victims families…Read more
• A man that had been sentenced in 2013 for taking part in a jihadist organization with links to Pakistan, killed a french police commander and his wife Monday night. French President Francois Hollande said that the stabbing attack was “incontestably a terrorist act” and that France was facing a terror threat “of a very large scale.”
• McDonald’s Corp. confirmed yesterday that they will be moving their HQ from the big sprawling campus in suburban Oakbrook to the house that O built in the city of Chicago. The already hot West Loop will gain the world’s largest fast-food chain by 2018 in what Bloomberg calls “a parade of companies creating an island of prosperity amid urban dysfunction.”
• Kanye West has officially announced his Saint Pablo tour and it may be coming to a city near you. The LiveNation produced tour will kick off Thursday August 25 in Indianapolis and wrap up October 29 in Las Vegas with 2 Chicago dates at United Center and Allstate Arena. This will be the Chicago raised rapper’s first North American tour in three years following his 2013 Yeezus tour. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Tuesday, June 14 at 10am through Friday, June 17 at 10pm and TIDAL members will have access to a special presale beginning on Thursday, June 16th at 10am.
• Tennis ace Serena Williams was on hand in NYC last night for the screening of her self-titled EPIX documentary directed by Ryan White with guests including her coach and rumoured lover Patrick Mouratoglou, Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour, designers Vera Wang, Tommy and Dee Hilfiger, Spike Lee and wife Tanya, Bobby Flay stepping out with girlfriend Helen Yorke, Gayle King. The afterparty was held atop the Standard Hotel in the Boom Boom room.
• In the business of fashion news, Proenza Schouler has appointed former Selfridges’s director of womenswear and accessories, Judd Crane, as its new CEO. The NY label’s founder and designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez called Crane “a world-class merchant who instinctively understands and shares our vision of how we see the brand developing in the coming years.”
“Love is the energy of life.” ― Robert Browning
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us.