Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
Trump U. The playbook for Donald Trump’s defunct Trump University was ordered unsealed by U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel and now that the information is public it shows that one former executive testified Trump was personally involved in crafting its message. NBC reports that little of the records unsealed Tuesday was new, as Politico had already released the entire 2010 Trump University playbook but the release was a win for the Attorneys of The Washington Post, owned by Jeff Bezos, who is on Trumps naughty list. The cache of court documents also includes the 2009 playbook. Read more
• Two people have died and 57 others are reportedly hospitalized from possible drug overdose during Sunset Music Festival, an EDM music festival at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa. 21-year-old Katie Bermudez and 22-year-old Alex Haynes died from likely overdoses of an undetermined drug which may have been Molly aka MDMA.
• Salesforce, has agreed to buy Demandware Inc., a provider of cloud-commerce services, in a transaction worth about $2.8 billion reports Bloomberg. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of Salesforce’s fiscal year 2017 and increase Salesforce’s revenue by about $100 million to $120 million in fiscal 2017.
• The black box from EgyptAir flight MS804 that went missing May 19 and subsequently crashing in Mediterranean sea may have been found. French naval vessel detected an underwater signal that could have originated from one of the so-called black boxes. The recordings could help investigators determine the reason for the crash.
• Maya Rudolph and Martin Short’s new show Maya and Marty debuted last night on NBC. The one hour long variety show had guest appearances from Tom Hanks, Steve Martin, Kate McKinnon, Jimmy Fallon, Kenan Thompson and Larry David. Miley Cyrus was the musical guest and the show ended with Savion Glover and the cast of “Shuffle Along” the Broadway hit nominated for 10 Tony awards.
• Since Raf Simons’ departure from Dior, the French fashion house has been helmed by a design team led by Lucie Meier and Serge Ruffieux and Tuesday they presented their 2017 Cruise collection in historic Blenheim Palace.
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ― Thomas A. Edison
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us
image credits: Vanity Fair/Annie Leibovitz; Wireimage