Hotness in the News by SociaLifeChicago, the daily email newsletter to Make small talk, better.
Primaries results and Megyn Kelly. Oregon gave love to Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders yesterday while Hillary Clinton barely took Kentucky. Meanwhile people are talking about the highly publicized sitdown between Donald Trump and Fox anchor Megyn Kelly where he said he had to say the things he did in early campaign days to make it this far. He also noted he didn’t mean to call Kelly a bimbo…Read more
• President Obama’s administration new rule on overtime pay will extend overtime protections to more workers. Under the new regulation to be issued by the Labor Department on Wednesday and goes into effect on Dec. 1, most salaried workers earning up to $47,476 a year must receive time-and-a-half overtime pay when they work more than 40 hours during a week.
• Ecuador was rocked by a 6.7 magnitude earthquake near the Pacific coast area. At this time there’s no tsunami alert but residents are still on edge seeing that last month a magnitude 7.8 earthquake that hit was Ecuador’s worst natural disaster in decades, killing 661.
• Microsoft is selling its entry-level, feature phone business to FIH Mobile Ltd and HMD Global Oy for $350 million.
• Just in: Amina Ali Nkek, one of the missing Chibok girls kidnapped in north-east Nigeria by Boko Haram militants in April 2014, has been found with a baby.
• Cannes report: The glitzy shindig by the riviera is still going on. Though most are there to premiere their movies, or get it picked up by a studio, the parties are aplenty. At the Heart Fund’s Generous People Dinner Gala auction, Leonardo DiCaprio had a “I’ll always love my mama” moment bidding $18k on a Chanel handbag for his mom Irmelin Indenbirken. “Personal Shopper” starring Kristen Stewart, which was reportedly booed on Monday, got a five-minute standing ovation Tuesday according to Variety. Paul Allen threw his annual Cannes bash aboard his modest 414-foot megayacht Octopus with guests including Mick Jagger, Orlando Bloom, Heidi Klum and Vito Schnabel, Chloë Sevigny. Petra Nemcova fell while walking the red carpet at the “Julietta” premiere Read more.
• Kristin Rightnour, a former director of marketing for Tiffany & Co. is suing her former employer because of her dismissal over an alleged anti-Semitic comment she made to a Jewish co-worker in April 2014.
• “MetLiveArts Atelier With Alina Cho” will take place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on June 9, featuring journalist Alina Cho in conversation with designer Alexander Wang, discussing his 10-year career.
“You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success – or are they holding you back? ” ― W. Clement Stone
LOOK OF THE DAY
Would you like this delivered to your inbox every morning? Sign up HERE
Did we miss something? Click here and email us.